Sign in to follow this  
prototype66

GCC GRC76s incomplete cut

been using my cutter for years but occasionally it wont cut the entire image if its too clos to the left edge of the vinyl (4 inches or less) is there a setting i need to adjust. I am also using sign blazers.

just curious ..... no one here has any ideas? I know its been a while since I have visited. i am sorry for that.

Your cutter probably has a sensor for the pinch roller. Those that do will stop cutting when it gets too close. There will be a setting somewhere in there that lets you ignore this. If you do switch it off and don't pay attention then you can accidentally track off the vinyl and ruin your blade or worse. 

If your cutter doesn't have that feature then check that the vinyl width that Sign Blazer thinks you have is correct. If you say there is only 12 inches when there is really 15 then it will think it's at the edge when it's not. The cutter has no way of knowing where the edge is (unless your GCC has the above mentioned sensor to find the outside rollers)

USCutter doesn't sell the GCC so I doubt any of us have any practical knowledge about your actual machine. 

• Like 3

thank you very much for the info....might be time for a full upgrade.

all of my stuff is from pre 2005...

On 3/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, prototype66 said:

thank you very much for the info....might be time for a full upgrade.

all of my stuff is from pre 2005...

upgrade if you can afford it, or it is necessary. many of us are running machines that are far older than your's, and it still going.

• Like 2