Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

racing stripes

Most people create their own.  or use knifeless tape.   Any software measures sizes to specs. None that I ever heard of.  

Last I knew, you had some of the best software there is. Flexisignpro8.1  and Graphtec Pro Studio, that can make any stripe. 

Flexi pro 8.1 kept crashing either it  wouldn't respond or just would freeze up, i dont know why but it ran good for 2 years with no problems. but  no help from sai because i didnt purchase said software from them. I acquired a sign business that i worked for and we had it on all  3 computers we had running .   so i bought a new cutter  and the software that came with it was graphtec program but it is limited unless you buy the entire software (im guessing) because you cant color trace. Im actually diving into a new business and wanted to sponsor a race car for a heat race  event night with my new business logos only request from owner was that she wanted racing stripes. so with that being said  i came up with a small plan to do some racing stripes and logos to make  the car look good. 

also looking into getting this software situation settled because i have the disk and the passwords for flexi  the graphtec software seems to be the same as flexi but with limited thing you can do. Im trying to head in the right direction so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

im thinking this is it but need some feed back on it https://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-i-DesignR-Pro-II-Software-for-FC-CE-vinyl-cutter

Color tracing has nothing to do with designing stripes.  You don't vector stripes.  GraphtecProStudio has all the other design/and cutting features of Flexisignpro.   I have it.   Now why would you want to buy that software?   You already have better software than that now.  Unless your doing rhinestones. But it's your money.  There is not any software that is going to automatically design stripes for you.  That is where skill and talent come in, no matter what software you have. You can even do color vectorize in FREE Inkscape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Color tracing has nothing to do with designing stripes.   GraphtecProStudio has all the other design/and cutting features of Flexisignpro.   I have it.   Now why would you want to buy that software?  You already have better than that now. 

trace anything as single color and change colors to separate cuts where you need.

I am kind of surprised sai wouldn't help you even being a second owner  - in the past I interacted with them on some older software and as long as I had the info off the dongle, password and serial number they were great.  maybe something changed - could your dongle be having a connection issue?

Reading your older posts, you were using Flexisignpro 8.1 on Windows 7.  It was not even compatible for Windows 7.  It was for Windows XP and older Windows programs, which would be another reason that SAI would not help you.   So buy a Windows XP computer.  I still use my Graphtec on Windows XP. It is very stable. 

If you want to vector colors you can do that with FREE Inkscape.org

http://goinkscape.com/how-to-vectorize-in-inkscape/