So I was successful in landing my first decal gig but feel like I under priced it to get the job.  Is there a formula that you use based on square inches/feet, etc, weeding complexity or?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

for newbies we generally have them start at length + height and divide that by 2 for single color jobs - later you can adjust for complexity, size, qty - 

Best part of that project is you will gain real world experience. Even if you make no money at all the knowledge gained has value. My first 6 months of owning a cutter I did every single job for free (all to friends and family). One was a whole 12ft enclosed trailer. Yeah I spend a few hundred on materials and dedicated many hours to those projects but I learned a LOT and had no repercussions for what I now understand were subpar cut/installs. The cuts weren't too bad but the installs were rough the first few. 

That's not an answer though. I have heard some say $0.07 or $0.08 or even $0.10 per sq inch depending on how tough the weed. That works ok for small stuff but on larger stuff I generally go $6 per SF for cast vinyl and sometimes drop to $5/SF for calendared ( per color). I measure that in actual used space like if the decal is actually only 5"x 6" it fits in a 1 ft box therefore $6. If it is 12" x 10" it's actually going to encroach not the second foot on the 12" side by the time it gets cut and has a weeding box etc so it would be 2 x $6 = $12. If the design is 22" tall by 4ft long it would be $48 for the first color. If the second color was only 8" tall by the 4 ft they would go for the single ft high price of $24 for a total of $72. It has always worked for me and seems to be about the expected rate for my area. Everywhere is a little different I think.