livinloudgraphics

looking for tips and tricks on this vector

Hello all,

im trying to vector this artwork so i can Turn it into a sticker for one of my family members. Ive tried several ways that i know of, Can someone vector this for me  and or give me some tips on doing so. Ive got some good outlines but i cant seem to get some of the smaller details  to try and get the teeth and all done. 

Pictures are the orignals and the on i have tried to vector

thanks a bunch

roses.jpg

roses.jpg

Where did the design come from? Basically the forum can't be vectorizing copyright protected work so there will be some limitations unless you are the creator or working for them. I did a quick image search and didn't find it so that bodes well.  The trace didn't come out all that bad. Just some detailing to get it done. What program are you using? Every design program is a little different on how to go about node editing but that is what you'll be doing. 

• Like 2

You have Flexi 8.1  and Graphtec Pro Studio software,,  (Also Flexi) and they both have great editing tools.  Put the design on wire frame.  You can see what needs done.  You have HELP at the top of each layout screen,  Time to learn what the tools do.  Those Flexi tools are like magic.   The only way you learn is to try it.   Plenty of edit and undo, if it isn't quite right.   You have had Flex 8 for years and years.   Flexi training discs and lessons have been for sale for many years.  You can learn very fast from Mark Rugen   http://givemehelp.com/training-needs/  Or Go to Ebay and buy the discs.   That is exactly what I did. If you don't know how to use the tools you  already have, it is time to invest, to learn them. 

• Like 1

When you said family member, I don't think copyright is a problem.  I Agree with WildGoose that the trace result isn't bad.   One way that might allow you to fine tune the results, but might take some effort is to get some tracing paper, a dark pen or marker, and trace it manually by hand.  A lightbox helps.  Scan that and try the auto trace again. When you are tracing by hand with the marker, only trace the outlines of the shapes, skipping any shading or hashing.  This might in the end leave you with something easier to correct.

• Like 1

Along those same lines, you could pull the drawing into a photo editing program and clean it up more before trying the auto trace.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You have Flexi 8.1  and Graphtec Pro Studio software,,  (Also Flexi) and they both have great editing tools.  Put the design on wire frame.  You can see what needs done.  You have HELP at the top of each layout screen,  Time to learn what the tools do.  Those Flexi tools are like magic.   The only way you learn is to try it.   Plenty of edit and undo, if it isn't quite right.   You have had Flex 8 for years and years.   Flexi training discs and lessons have been for sale for many years.  You can learn very fast from Mark Rugen   http://givemehelp.com/training-needs/  Or Go to Ebay and buy the discs.   That is exactly what I did. If you don't know how to use the tools you  already have, it is time to invest, to learn them. 

i gave up flexi because it kept crashing. I wasn't the original owner of the purchased software so they would not help me one bit, And i truly understand that. ive been tweaking with different items and they dont come out the same, this picture was drew up by my tattoo artist.  i have the graphtec software that came with the cutter but it keep wanting to update it everytime that i load it im guess they want me to buy the $699 cd because this one will only trace it and not good. im confused just spent 3k on stuff and seem to keep getting crapped on by buying a new cutter and the software that came with it. Will the mark ruben cd work with the graphtec or do i have to buy new software again??? for the 3rd dang time

12 hours ago, dcbevins said:

When you said family member, I don't think copyright is a problem.  I Agree with WildGoose that the trace result isn't bad.   One way that might allow you to fine tune the results, but might take some effort is to get some tracing paper, a dark pen or marker, and trace it manually by hand.  A lightbox helps.  Scan that and try the auto trace again. When you are tracing by hand with the marker, only trace the outlines of the shapes, skipping any shading or hashing.  This might in the end leave you with something easier to correct.

hey that would work didnt think about the lightbox situation. Ps nothing is copy written on this design i have the full color in my hands as well as written permission from the designer which this is hand drawn by the artist 

• Like 2

The trick is to get to be a straight up, black and white.

4 hours ago, livinloudgraphics said:

i gave up flexi because it kept crashing. I wasn't the original owner of the purchased software so they would not help me one bit, And i truly understand that. ive been tweaking with different items and they dont come out the same, this picture was drew up by my tattoo artist.  i have the graphtec software that came with the cutter but it keep wanting to update it everytime that i load it im guess they want me to buy the $699 cd because this one will only trace it and not good. im confused just spent 3k on stuff and seem to keep getting crapped on by buying a new cutter and the software that came with it. Will the mark ruben cd work with the graphtec or do i have to buy new software again??? for the 3rd dang time

Mark Rugen cd is not design software,  They are training videos.  givemehelp.com  is also his training website.   Very detailed. for the features.   He is the best at Flexi software.    $3k on what?  The cutter was about $1800.  software was  free. 

Any popular software will work with a Graphtec.  

On 2/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Skeeter, does his discs work with the graphtec branded software too?

Just got my cutter last night and if it's worth buying the CDs I'll grab them

13 minutes ago, Intheshaw said:

Skeeter, does his discs work with the graphtec branded software too?

Just got my cutter last night and if it's worth buying the CDs I'll grab them

He teaches Flexisignpro software.    Some things may be a bit "similar." BUT  Graphtec PRO is not the same as Flexisignpro.   Example  Graphtec Pro Studio does not have vector in color.  The Graphtec Pro Studio Plus does vector in color.