duke

CT 630 PCCUT SERIES PLOTTER CONNECTION PROBLEM

7 minutes ago, duke said:

Thanks haumana, I do that, all get is a page of blank tiles.

Where is full postscript interpreter?

Hmm... I suspect that the file you're trying to import may not be a vector. I'm not sure why you're seeing a blank tile - even if you import a raster image, the image will typically display, you just can't cut it. What type of file are you trying to import?

Usually when I use the File > Import function, after selecting my file, SBE will show a small pop-up window that will give me a choice of Import Mode.

• Like 1

My problem now , how do Iimport files in to SB.

When I click file or import , all I get is a page of blank tiles.

none of my files import from computer.

my com ports are the same in blazer and device manager.

Where did I put my R&C

What type of files are you importing into SB? Are they already vector files or are they images that you will be turning into vector files? If Vector what file format? I don't use SB as I use a mac but I pay attention when people post things and it seems like there are certain formats that SB likes better than others. 

Maybe too many R&C? Wrong side of room, wrong computer monitor.... wait, whose house IS this?!! Ha just kidding. I don't drink anymore but the captain was my favorite friend back in the day. 

• Like 1

I am not clicking on any files, I click on file or import in signblazer and all I get is a page of blank tiles, where there should be  my files from computer, which have been vectorized.

I wonder if the thumbnail view is messed up or the files are not compatible. I just went and looked in the manual (see linked thread if you need an manual) and it looks like most file formats are accepted with exception of .svg

Are you pointed at the right drive over in the right side directory? Number two on the attached screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.04.12 PM.png

• Like 1

I am doing the same as # 1.

But the dialog box is just empty tiles, except for one file which I made in blazer cutter.

9pm here, I am getting frustrated, had enough excitement for one day, R& C time.

Maybe buy new cutting software, problem is finding reliable software, without taking out a mortgage.

Any ideas on software?

bye for now.

Ah, now I understand. I'm a frequent abuser of SBE, so let me see if I can shed a little light.

If you're on the screen where you're supposed to select a graphic file to import into SBE and only see blank tiles, then a) you're not looking in the right place; or b) there are no graphic files in that directory that is compatible for viewing on SBE.

These are the type of files that SBE can handle: *.dxf;*.eps;*.ai;*.bmp;*.tif;*.gif;*.pcx;*.tga;*.jpg;*.pcd;*.pct;*.psd;*.cmx;*.ps; But I'm going to tell you right now, that not all of those are vector, so make sure if you're wanting to cut something you're importing, it needs to be in vector format (because the vector engine in SBE sucks).

Is this what your screen looks like?

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.45.43 PM.png

• Like 3

YES, but how do I get vectorized items into that window?

Haumana, I really appreciate your help, thank you.

Cadworx  software imports my images immediately, I have cut them all b4, so I would say they are vectorized, do you agree?

Problem is cadworx  won't send to plotter.

What is the file extension you are trying to import? As noted above, SB does not recognize all vector formats. If you can open the file in Cadworx, can you then save/export it as a different format? EPS would be your best bet, although if given the option be sure to select the older version of EPS. SB does not work with the latest version.

Another option that I have done, is open the file in a different program, then do a select all and copy then paste it into SB. This does not always work but is worth a try.

Lastly, that screen you're looking at, if you have the preview option turned off, or the files are huge, there will not be an image there, but there should be the name of the file that you can select and open.

• Like 1

Thanks darcshadow, I'll check preview option. and try cut & paste.

ln cadworx  I didn't have to import anything manually, I just hit import and it brings all images onto screen from my computor.

OK, back

All my images are PNG ,how do I change them to be accepted by blazer.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:47 PM, haumana said:

Ah, now I understand. I'm a frequent abuser of SBE, so let me see if I can shed a little light.

If you're on the screen where you're supposed to select a graphic file to import into SBE and only see blank tiles, then a) you're not looking in the right place; or b) there are no graphic files in that directory that is compatible for viewing on SBE.

These are the type of files that SBE can handle: *.dxf;*.eps;*.ai;*.bmp;*.tif;*.gif;*.pcx;*.tga;*.jpg;*.pcd;*.pct;*.psd;*.cmx;*.ps; But I'm going to tell you right now, that not all of those are vector, so make sure if you're wanting to cut something you're importing, it needs to be in vector format (because the vector engine in SBE sucks).

Is this what your screen looks like?

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.45.43 PM.png

Didn't you say you have cut all these files?

You can't cut a png file.

Unless, and I don't know, you can save a vector file as a png. If you can, it probably lost all of the vector information it had.

Best answer I got.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, I cut these files back around 4 or5 years ago.

I cut them on a different computer that had cadworx vector cut early edition software from around 2007- 8., just b4 Jerry passed.

I am on different computer, and cannot find download of early software.

You can find online file converters, but a png is still a png. Maybe convert to jpeg and retrace them.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, I think I'll forget my old work, and start anew in blazer.

Next question, how do I import new images into blazer?

Don't know, never used it.

Maybe look at some of the newer software out there. If you have signblazer, you could goto inkscape for design and use blazer to run the cutter.

• Like 1

PNG files are a "new" type of bitmap, so you can simply open the files with MS paint and save them as bmp. You'll loose any transparency color but that shouldn't be an issue. You then import the bmp into signblazer and trace/vector it. Unfortunately, the vector capabilities of SB are not the best and I have never been happy with the results I got from it. I switched to using Inkscape to trace/vector the image and save the file as an eps, that can then be imported easily with SB.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I/ll try the inkscape  route, will let you know how I get on.

I really appreciate the help all you guys an gals have given me.

8 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

PNG files are a "new" type of bitmap, so you can simply open the files with MS paint and save them as bmp. You'll loose any transparency color but that shouldn't be an issue. You then import the bmp into signblazer and trace/vector it. Unfortunately, the vector capabilities of SB are not the best and I have never been happy with the results I got from it. I switched to using Inkscape to trace/vector the image and save the file as an eps, that can then be imported easily with SB.

LOL, that's what I said, but didn't want wear out my old keyboard. Again, LOL

• Haha 1