Sign in to follow this  
ricardombalanonjr

Cuyi Vinyl Cutter CTO630 not showing

Hello, I recently revived my Cuyi Vinyl Cutter CTO630 and tried the demo version of signmaster. My problem is it is not showing in 'Current Cutter' in Vinyl Spooler tab. My laptop can detect it as COM 6. I did a test on baudrate tab to detect my cutter and the cutter responded. I am attaching pictures so you can see what I did. Anything I missed?

Looking for answers. Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Ric

20190103_164056.jpg

20190103_173101.jpg

20190103_164104.jpg

20190102_170549.jpg

Did you reboot your computer after installing everything?  Is the device manager also matching   Com 6?   It must. 

I tried rebooting it twice. Yes, it matched com 6. In the first picture, I was able to connect my laptop to the cutter. Is there anything I missed? You just install a driver for the cutter and use a software for cutting e.g signmaster, make sure the coms and baudrate matches and that is it right?

That cutter is more than likely a Creation Pcut CTO630,  Did you add the cutter?  Look in the drop down box for the cutter and add it. You have listed   Current cutter some Generic   S(cannot read it) Cutter

I don't know where you got that Sign Master, but it kinda looks like Vinyl Master,  When you go to the SET UP Wizard there are hundreds of different vinyl cutters to choose from in the drop down boxes.  No one here uses Sign Master.  Go to their support and ask for help. 

Years ago, I recall reading that cutters should be operated in Com 1 to 4 only. Not sure why that is, but try changing the Port in your Windows Control Panel -- Devices -- properties to a lower number than 6. (1-4)

I'm with Mz Skeeter on this one.  The error box even says "CutspoolerVM3.exe."   VM3 as in VinylMaster Version 3.  The layout of the pages looks just like a stripped down version of VinylMaster. 

Well what do you know?  Went over to the Signmaster website and it's owned by Future Corp, the same folks who own Vinylmaster.  I learned something new today and it's not even noon yet!

That cutter is very similar to a Refine or a Redsail,  try one of those brands,  Com port number must be between 1-4.   On the screen on the right it says  + ADD,  So add your cutter.