tooler82

Manipulate Text

What program can manipulate the text like in the screen shot? I know to rotate it, but they rotated it and it has an arch to it.IVCpWk.jpg

In CorelDraw it is called Text on a Curve or Fit Text to Path..

The Flexi software that you have.  Best around.   Drag the T's out on the TEXT.  (T)  Left side of the layout screen. 

Guess I could do text on a path then move it? I just tried it in Illustrator and an envelope distort looks ok. I wish the Flexi distort had more options. 

Text on a path in Illustrator too.

I would probably make a circle that hits all the locations then snip it into separate pieces and put the text on each where you want it and you won't have to rotate them. 

1 hour ago, tooler82 said:

Oh. Like an invisible circle?

Yes.  In Flexisignpro   Go into HELP at the top of the layout screen.  HELP TOPICS>  Index> T>  TEXT Preferences>,  Changing Text Attributes Using Control Points..  Scroll down the page

Tooler which program are you attempting this in? If AI yes you make a path whether it be a circle or a line or squiggly line and then you use the type on a path option which is one of 5 options (in CS5 anyway) in the text tool that is the "T". Just click with the mouse and hold and it will open up the other options in that tool. You can place text on any path and it will usually even convert a colored path to a clear one, sometimes on accident. Working on a circle can be a little more complicated so the general procedure is to clip it at least in two parts at the center. In your case probably several parts each to be separated at the different points you want text. Once you type it may look all kinds of wonky but never fear. You then may need to go to the top line of tools ad go to Type>Type on a path>Type on a path options and it will open a new box and let you flip it and several alignment options etc.. If you don't need to flip it or change aha part of the text is aligned to the path you can also modify the size, kerning, tracking and baseline shift etc... in the regular text character panel that is accessed by the small clickable text directly left of the font name on your main work panel. That stuff all still works just like regular except you are of course sitting on a path that is usually not flat. 

In Sure Cuts A Lot 5Pro, it's called wrapper. Type it out then select the effect and adjust until you get the desired look.