tooler82

Having a hard time

I don’t know what’s going on today. I’m doing a simple shape and just can’t get it right today. It’s blowing my mind. The base wants their coin made into stickers and I’m having such a hard time on the outline. Like it’s making my head hurt lol. 

image.jpg

The problem is I’ve made it but making the shape and rotating them doesn’t look right. Some look rotated where the sides aren’t the same. 

I'm not clear on what your trying to do. You have a printer I know and are making the contour line? I don't understand the rotate comment. 

Yeah trying to contour it to get the shape of the coin. I have the other vectors to put on it, but don’t have a vector of the actual shape. I did a circle for the middle. Then I drew one of the points off the circle. Then copied and pasted them to make the 5 points. Problem is I can’t get them right. Like one side of the point will be longer than the other or shorter. 

Like this. It looks ok, but it’s not. When I measure them they’re crooked. I can’t think of an easier way to do it though. 

image.jpg

the picture of the coin was taken at an angle distorting the image - that is why the different projections are not symmetrical is my best guess from checking dimensions myself

• Like 1

Yeah I put it in the scanner and tried to line it up. It’s so difficult since it’s not a flat top to put it to. I drew a box and tried rotating to get it straight across the box but hasn’t worked good either. Don’t know how else to do it. 

At the end of the day the contour just has to match the actual image so why not just tweak each pop-out so they line up with the scanned pic?

• Like 1

I may have it now. You can see the burgandy line behind it. I did the shape and then made an arc between the two top points then adjusted the bottom points to match the angles. Now it’s square and not crooked. 

image.jpg

Dimension wise it says it’s right now. Who knows. Still looks wrong. The bottom left does to me at least. 

image.jpg

Nothing to add about your contour cutting problem but screen shots are really easy.  Hit alt+printscreen, goto this website https://onpaste.com, hit ctrl+v, click the "i", get an imgur link.  Then there is no distortion problems with taking a camera picture.  There are dozens of other utilities too,  I like the onpaste one as it produces a shareable link to the screenshot quickly.

• Like 1