dirtrocker

inkscape file won't open in corel

I made my brother's business logo in Inkscape and the embroidery place wanted the file in .eps or.ai and I saved in both formats in inkscape and they can't open them with coreldraw.

Anyone know if there is something different I need to do to save them so they can be open in CorelDraw?

Strange, shouldn't be any reason Corel can't open an EPS created in Inkscape. In fact, it should be able to open the svg file without any hassle.

Might try a PDF. I know it's not the format they specified but again, corel should be able to open it no problems. And if they can't open it, I'd question their process rather than your file. Pretty  much all vector programs these days can open svg, pdf, eps, ai, and several others.

What version of corel? If it is an older one, may have to save the eps file as an older version.

Draw needs GHOSTSCRIPT to open eps.  It installs with the program. I doubt they are missing  ghostscript as they specifically asked for eps, but who knows.  Post a link to a problem eps and we can look at it.  I think really really really old versions of Inkscape would save as AI.  Current versions don't give that option.  That you were able to save as AI suggests you should first try the current stable version of Inkscape, as you are years behind the curve.  An old version might not handle eps well.  Newer versions internalize their post script handling where older versions I belove relied on ghostscript.

The ai file was one that I've had for years.

I made a new logo and saved as eps, thinking I would be able to use it on the vinyl cutter and what ever else I needed.

The version I am using is 0.92, so I don't think it is too old.
I have no idea what version Corel they are using or how it is set up.
I'm at the point where I'm gonna wash my hands of it and let them figure out what they want to do.

I've provided them with the files in eps, ai, png, pdf and even in Brother's embroidery file .pes
If they can't figure it out, then I don't know what else I can do.

I was just thinking maybe there was something I needed to do, for Corel to be able to open the eps file.

I'll try saving it in Illustrator and see what happens.

Thanks.

Just an fyi, there is a newer version of Inkscape, 0.92.3, but I believe it's mostly bug fixes.