Sign in to follow this  
jtammaro

Graphtec ce6000-60, blade doesn't seem to be cutting even after being changed ... help!

Hi! I have had my machine for about 2 years now. I took my blade out to clean it and when I went to replace it, it was no longer cutting... as if the blade wasn't going all teh way down even though I inserted it correctly. I thought maybe it was just time to replace the blade so I put in a new one but it's still having the same issue. I'm not quite sure what to do. It'll go through the motions as if it's cutting and some pieces seem to maybe cut a bit, but other just seem like the vinyl is untouched or was just skimmed. The blade has been put back correctly though, I'm not sure what's going on. Any suggestions on what to do or what to change?! 

edge out a little more blade exposure and see if that works. each time i need to clean my blade and/or blade holder, i know i'm inadvertently adjusting the depth - even if i'm not meaning to. so i will inevitably end up having to re-adjust the blade depth.

• Like 2

Make sure the blade holder cap is tight, and that the thumb screw plastic piece is up over the blade holder flange.   If you did not back the force off a little when you started cutting, with a new blade, you may have broken the blade tip off. 

This is how to correctly set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. you should just see and feel the blade tip put of the blade holder.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, haumana said:

edge out a little more blade exposure and see if that works. each time i need to clean my blade and/or blade holder, i know i'm inadvertently adjusting the depth - even if i'm not meaning to. so i will inevitably end up having to re-adjust the blade depth.

love the new profile picture Haumana   !!

those two covered it well I don't have anything constructive to add but wanted to shout about the profile picture

• Like 1