I’m having trouble deciding which reusable stencil material I should purchase. I’m airbrushing stainless steel tumblers. I have a Brother Design N Cut cutting machine. I have tried low tack 4mil vinyl but it’s only good for single use. I’m looking for a stronger material that I can peel and stick, remove and RE-USE!! In other words, be able to return the stencil to it’s backing and use it again, later! Also, what teansfer material would be ideal:teansfer PAPER, or transfer TAPE? Or, something different? Your advice is greatly aporeciated!!

I don't know of any adhesive vinyl that you'd be able to peal off and reuse. The act of pealing vinyl off causes the vinyl to stretch slightly, so even if you get it off without ripping it, it'll never look the same when you reapply it. Vinyl is cheap, and the cheap vinyl is good enough for what you are doing, just make a bunch of stencils, use them once and toss them. The time and hassle of trying to reuse is not worth the few penny's it cost to make a new one.

• Like 1

Agree with darcshadow. If you need adhesive style just cut more. If it need not be sticky I use the clear backing off gerber 225 vinyl as a paint stencil and it works great. 

One beauty of using cut vinyl for stencils is they don't necessarily need to be "stencils" meaning you would be installing them with transfer paper which will allow for all the little parts and pieces to be open rather than having to design it like a true stencil with connectors to all the parts. 

• Like 1