mailman

Vinylmaster LTR size

My image is cutting about 4 times the size of original image. I am not sure how to calibrate size. Is there a factory setting that is standard in the device units per inch. Mine was set to 1600 units per inch.Thanks, Mark

49 minutes ago, mailman said:

My image is cutting about 4 times the size of original image. I am not sure how to calibrate size. Is there a factory setting that is standard in the device units per inch. Mine was set to 1600 units per inch.Thanks, Mark

Just a quick look at Vinyl Master, demo.   Click FILE>CUT/PLOT>VINYL SPOOLER>  ON THE RIGHT SIDE TAB IS  CALIBRATION>  CHOOSE CUTTER SCALE.  And see what happens there..

Thanks MZ SKEETER I gave it try, I set the size of test box to cut a 2"x2" square at 100% it cut a box 8"x8" . I reduced the percent to 25% and it did cut 2x2 square. My device units per inch is set at 1016 should I reduce this to 254? Thanks, Mark

I don't use Vinyl Master, I am just throwing some info at you that I read.  You will have to contact Vinyl Master. or some else with Vinyl Master  will have to help you.  You don't state which vinyl cutter your using,,, Does the vinyl cutter have calibrate on it.?..I only use a Graphtec, so any other I would not know.   Your welcome

I too do not use Vinyl Master, but your setting of units per inch, assuming you have a stepper motor machine, is usually referring to number of steps of the stepper motor and 1016 is in the neighborhood of what it should be so I don't believe that number is something you should change.

Until someone chimes in with anything better, I'd simply make your design then scale it down before cutting. The beauty of vector graphics they can be scaled up and down with no loss of detail.

They can be scaled but it's a PIA when you design something just a certain size and then not have your cutter cut at that size. I am unclear how best to dial this in with VM either. I would call their tech support and get clarification. This is a users forum so you may not get "official" info from us schlubs. There should be a way to dial in and then save that calibration so you don't have to worry about it anymore. 

Vinylmaster is great about replying to topics in this section - but they are on Australian time so could be a lag in getting that answer

1016 is what VM has for my LaserPoint II, so that is probably a good number like Darkshadow said.

When you "Send to Cutter" it shows you a preview on a cutter.  It shows the dimensions of the cut just like on a blue print.  Are those dimensions reading correctly?  Now they might be off a bit because of weedboxes, etc. but they should be pretty close.

Also, when you send a test cut directly from your cutter, not from VinylMaster, what size does it come out?  What cutter are you using so someone with that cutter can tell us if that's the right size test cut?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.