Sign in to follow this  
Mud202

Name Banner Blanks/Software

Any idea where to find these blanks and the software for these signs? I was at a fair today and saw a vendor making these. I would like to add these to my business. He had about 100 different blanks.

Image result for sign supply Personalized/Customized Poster, Border Mat and Frame Options Banner

design your own in whatever sign software you are using - just make sure to design in a large enough format that when printed they look nice and don't use any characters or copyrighted images so you don't get sued.   Too many fair vendors use images that often get them busted and they don't show up again the next year.   If you design it with your own images that you created then it is no problem.   What type of printer will you be using to print them?  latex, solvent? 

what was they printing on that could be transported - personally I wouldn't take either a latex or solvent on the road so curious

I tried doing a search on the internet for something similar and all the ones I found were of copyrighted materials - like on etsy etc even amazon with disclaimers that would not save their house when caught

in over 10 years I have not seen a software like that and I have had eco solvent printers for over 6 years and attend trade shows  -

If I understand you correctly they had the pre printed backgrounds and then stuck that back into a printer to print the name on the banner?

Guess I should back up a bit more - were they on paper, vinyl or what type of material and were they waterproof? 

trying to grasp what they was doing

A simple ink jet printer, nothing fancy. But, he had a few hundred different designs blanks and he was using a software program that appeared to be designed specifically for these blanks.

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

If I understand you correctly they had the pre printed backgrounds and then stuck that back into a printer to print the name on the banner?

Yes

OK so for indoor use -  hmm wonder if anyone else has seen this as it hasn't been at the trade shows

Think I may have something - all of those images for similar posters have the same watermark just like yours above- katonah - and many of their images are copyrighted and the "poster" is much smaller than we normally refer to posters on the sign forum.

the person that created those has this disclaimer on their sales - which would not hold up in court when sued by a copyright holder

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**

Please note that your are paying for a creative service and the time spent designing and personalizing your item with personal information and/or photos, which is permitted for one-time PERSONAL USE. This item is not a licensed product; all character images used are free and not being sold. We DO NOT SELL or claim ownership over the character clip art or graphics; they belong to their respective copyright holders. Items purchased are for one-time personal use only and are not to be re-sold for any reason.

• Like 2

I have seen & have bought a sign like this at the NC State Fair a few years ago. It's printed on. You pick the sign and give them the name. For a extra price you can get it framed. You return in an hour or so to pick the banner up. To me it's not really a banner as much as a long poster. I bought a NY Yankees one for my Son & a dolphin one for my daughter. Its a neat item and I myself would love to able to add it. 

• Like 2