Guest Jtidwell Traffic Control

VinylMaster Pro 4.0 Jobs Stopping midway

sorry missed that part - I only had the 28" titan2 - I had a 50" mh for a year and went back down after that - that is a huge machine . . . I can't imagine weeding, masking and applying graphics that big

Reason for such a big machine is we have big signs that MUTCD specifies. I convinced the powers that be that DIE CUTTING machine and DIES were outdated and a much cleaner, professional looking sign could be made with plotter. You are correct about weeding, although when Titan3 actually works, it's a breeze even with Diamond grade vinyl. Right now the trend is the Advanced Engineer Grade material ( as pictured above in previous post) and it even easier than 631 or 651

• Like 1

since the plotter was swapped out  -   that should eliminate that as the culprit (but not 100 percent) - so hopefully Vinylmaster will figure it out - heck one of your cuts with that material messing up can cost more than rolls of regular vinyl.  Step father was an engineer for MDOT for 39 years so grew up with road work and signage talk a lot even on vacations we drove by project that were "cutting edge" or different at the time.   Not sure I have anything constructive to add so will sit back and learn myself from the post outcome

I may be way off base here, but at this point I'd be willing to try anything.  Win10 does automatic updates and after it updates, other software will update to match it.  During these updates there are two issues. The first is that they can really drag down the computer's speed and that could be messing with your file transfer. The second is that the updates may turn certain underlying programs off and back on to implement the update.  If any of these affect your USB port then data stops transmitting.

I really get in to outside Christmas lights and most of the controls are run via USB.  If Windows updates during a light show there is a high probability that the data flow will be interrupted.  Just turning off wifi doesn't do the trick because Windows starts throwing up warnings wanting to update and those can slow or stall data flow.  Run wub.exe, a free download, on WIN10 computers to prevent the automatic downloads.   It can't hurt to try.  I'd disconnect anything else USB also: external harddrives, speakers, printers.  Anything that could be stealing time from the USB drivers.

• Like 2

Maybe True...although I've not seen an Update from Vinyl Master.... EVER. I've recently Doubled the RAM in the computer driving everything to the maximum allowed limits thinking there was a slow log jam of information and it may correct the problem. Alas... the same problem...  I don't fully understand how sending them the .PLT version of my cut would show them my problems. I can sit back and watch the progress bar once a job begins and if it hangs up or starts and doesn't move within 30 seconds or the bar flashes up then off immediately, I can just about bet my whole retirement pension that it'll shut off midway through cutting.... the Vinyl IS very expensive and I thank the Lord above I've not been asked to demonstrate how we make signs to our Mayor or City Councilmembers.....or see me carrying out the trash.....HAHA. I'm going to, OUT OF MY POCKET, get the High Speed USB to Serial adapter in the next day or Two and switch to Direct COM Port..... MAYBE that will cure my woes.... ANYONE come up with a LOG/CACHE clearing process yet? I'm up to 1,874 "attempted" cuts so far.... although the numbers are actually 1/2 than that or less.... Deleted them from Vinyl Spooler every way I know how, even deleted the whole program and reinstalled and they are still there!

Programs like to store stuff in the Users/<username>/AppData folder a lot these days and it doesn't always get deleted when a program is uninstalled. Might try looking there to see if there is a log file. It's just a log file though, doesn't have any impact on anything other than a very small amount of disk space.

I wasn't referring to an update from Vinyl Master.  Win10 itself updates files nearly everyday, as do many other pieces of software, all automatically.  If any update is tying up your system or restarting certain drivers, it can cause communication problems that are nearly impossible to track down.    It sounds like you're having a communication issue.  The usual way to solve those is to keep eliminating any possible causes until it's resolved.  How long of a cable are you using? Some USB can get very fussy after about 8' and start being affected by all sorts of noise.

ShaneGreen is correct on the Windows 10 updates.  We have seen many OPs on here, that start having problems when Windows 10 updates.  They have had to roll their computer back thru a system restore, when the cutter was working good. 

This USB cable is 36" long. Came with machine. I actually experienced the fuzzy problems when we first got the cutter. I didn't want to have to move everything in shop to make way for this HUGE cutter... ended up having to anyways cause the 10' cord caused issues.... Lesson learned early there..... Tried machine , again this morning on 2 projects that would stop prematurely yesterday.... they went through, without issue... I am dumbfounded........ Or Blessed when it does work... either way

SO, I downloaded the Cutter Test program from US Cutters.....

1http://iifuture.net/downloads/usc/CutterTest.zip

Ran the "CutterTest" program.

Selected "Direct USB Port" as the connection method

Set the USB port.

Clicked "Load PLT File" and select the ".plt" file.

6. Clicked "Send Now" to send the raw PLT file

and here's what I got...

Failed to send data (on bottom of screenshot)

so next I am going to transfer "Cutter Test" program and exact same .plt file to a USB stick and try on my personal Laptop....

plt test1.JPG

Edited by Jtidwell Traffic Control
incomplete

Hi Jtidwell Traffic Control, I'm sorry you're still having issues with your cutter. I see that Vinylmaster (the developers of the software) have been engaging you via these forums. If there's anything we can do to help facilitate additional communication with the developers, we are more than happy to lend our weight to helping to find a resolution for you. I can appreciate how frustrating this has been, so anything we can do to help just let us know.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, VinylMaster said:

For VinylMaster users Titan cutters must be set to Direct USB in the Vinyl Spooler and may also need the emulation changed.

Please see this guide for:
How to Setup a Vinyl Cutter

Please see this guide for:
How to Setup Emulation (Plotter Language)

Also, use the shortest possible cable you can 3' is ideal. Also, make certain the cutter is grounded so any static is discharged.

how do you log in?

11 minutes ago, Jp450r said:

a couple links were posted in the message i quoted but it says lof in failed.

Well did you open support tickets with Vinyl Master?  That is where you go.  You would have had to leave some kind of info for a  support ticket.   I don't use Vinyl Master.    To open a support ticket status is email address and ticket number

http://www.future.support/login.php

On 9/6/2018 at 4:01 PM, Support@USCutter said:

Hi Jtidwell Traffic Control, I'm sorry you're still having issues with your cutter. I see that Vinylmaster (the developers of the software) have been engaging you via these forums. If there's anything we can do to help facilitate additional communication with the developers, we are more than happy to lend our weight to helping to find a resolution for you. I can appreciate how frustrating this has been, so anything we can do to help just let us know.

Tell me how to fix it. Please dont tell me to call because I dont have time to sit on hold for 45 mins like i did the last time i called.

1 hour ago, Jp450r said:

Tell me how to fix it. Please dont tell me to call because I dont have time to sit on hold for 45 mins like i did the last time i called.

Did you ever try the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter or the powered USB hub that was recommended in you past post by forum members?

"Try a keyspan, that would be your best bet at this point. They're are a lot more consistent for data communication with the cutter.

If that doesn't work, or if you happen to have one handy (and want to just give it a go) - use a powered USB hub."

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you ever try the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter or the powered USB hub that was recommended in you past post by forum members?

"Try a keyspan, that would be your best bet at this point. They're are a lot more consistent for data communication with the cutter.

If that doesn't work, or if you happen to have one handy (and want to just give it a go) - use a powered USB hub."

I have one on the way and was supposed to be here today but VP Pence was in town so i think that held it up.

9 hours ago, Jp450r said:

Got the keyspan adapter. I connected everything and it would not connect at all.

Just so we know exactly what you did,  please explain exactly how you set it up and connected it.  Start to finish,  And you rebooted your computer after setting up the Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter and it shows that the Keyspan Adapter is installed on your computer under properties?   And post some screen shots of your cutting software, where it shows The Keyspan Adapter is installed.  

Ok i will try that. i just took it out of the pack at first and plugged it in and nothing. I put the disk in and it didnt give a option for windows 10, so i guess i intalled the windows 7 driver but not real sure if it did anything.

More than likely, it is not installed.  Here is the driver list and Windows 10 is there.  You must download, extract and install the driver . And reboot your computer.   How did you connect the Keyspan to your computer and vinyl cutter?   Most every device out there has a support page.  And the package that the  Tripp-lite Keyspan came in, has a link to their website support.   This info is very easy to look up.  

https://www.tripplite.com/support/product/part-number/USA19HS

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.