Sign in to follow this  
julie77

Printer - Latex vs Eco Solvent

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice and recommendations on which printer I should be looking to purchase.   I've heard good and bad about both (eco vs latex).  I currently have a Graphtec for cutting vinyl, so I'm looking for a stand alone printer (not a print cut system unless the price is right). 

Wanting to print indoor wall decals, outdoor signage and car stickers,  heat transfers.    Is one type of printer ink better than the other ?   I'm concerned with the smell of the eco-solvent inks....as I do this in my home.

Any suggestions on which printers would print nice bright vibrant colors would be very helpful :)

oem eco solvent really isn't bad - I have printed for years in my house.   Latex is more forgiving on maint and can sit without clogging heads (requiring replacing) but have heard the latex is not as vibrant and know that parts for a latex after a couple of years is had to come by.  I have had 3 eco sol rolands and have gotten parts for 2 that were approaching 6-7 years old with no problem.  The latex will also require a special plug to be installed to accommodate the current they use - won't plug into your standard outlets at least in the USA.   

5 hrs away from you I have a 30" Roland SP-300i with laminator, lots of vinyl and spare ink for $8,000 USD