Hello Folks! I have a ce-6000, I just installed a cleancut blade after i got a good year out of the stock blade. I cut alot of detailed small stuff and the blade tore things up pretty bad. I am pretty sure its user error lol.. It said in the case of the blade reduce pressure, i did that (its on 9). My offset is 0, speed 6. The side of the blade case says offset is .45mm not really sure what to do with that information. Also do i continue in my CBO9U setting or do I switch to the CB09U-K60 setting? I tried looking it up before I asked for specific tool setting, I found force and speed info but nothing on the tool seting. I thought i should change it to the k60 since thats for 60 degree blades but I wasnt sure if it only applied to oem blades.Thank you for any help!!

You set the blade like you would any blade. You have to back the force way down because it is a new blade and has more steel left on the blade.   Those blades are very sharp. You use the regular CB09U  setting.  This is how to set any blade for any cutter.  They all set the same. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 3

For the record and to avoid future confusion to other web searches, I believe Graphtec are the only cutters that run zero blade offset. Every other cutter I have ever heard of you would use the 0.45mm number to allow the cutter to know where center of blade is in relation to the actual tip which trails behind in a castor wheel fashion like the front wheels on a shopping cart. 

• Like 3

I returned the setting to the CB09U, settled on force 8 ( cut the vinyl great with almost no marking on the backing) offset zero, acceleration 2 and speed 10. While messing with the test for force setting i went ahead and did the test for offset. It does the -1,current,+1. It wasn’t until that while I was trying to look at the corner that I noticed a J shape being cut. I looked at the force tests and it was on there too. Any idea why that’s there? Hopefully you can see it on the pic. Also just for curiosity because I like to understand and know why I chose something over another, with the clean cut how come I use the Kb09U setting, when the CB09U-K60 says for a 60 degree blade? Not that I’m arguing I just want the knowledge of why I’m doing what I’m doing so I can learn :) thank all of you again for all the help. 

5AA441A8-0980-415B-9381-DA15C48F7D17.jpeg

No idea on that J = never seen that before - call graphtec - not sure why mess with the kb setting - also  never heard of that - sounds like a lot of overthinking on settings.

Searching online I can't even find a reference to Kb09U  

Try going into Initial Blade  Control Position,  choose OUTSIDE...  Mine is in Background settings in the menu.  That will put the J on the outside. 

Ah gotcha, nope no tint I'm cutting 651. What is the J Mz Skeeter? Is it just like graphtec quirk and happens all the time just not noticed kinda thing? Thank you both for your help! Have a great weekend! ;)

If you notice when the cutter starts going to where it is going to cut first,  the cutter will stop and the carriage head will go to the far right side of the vinyl and come back and start cutting.  That is when it put the little J, Initial blade position.

Did you change it like I said?  It has to be on the outside, to stop it from putting the J in your design. 

Page 176    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/924008/Graphtec-Ce6000-Series.html?page=176

I did thank you! Got the blade zeroed in with your daylight trick pushing it down and the J is no longer in my design. Im good to go ty!

• Like 3