Ballistic

Where would you start to smooth the cut out

Have had this FC8600 cutter for about a year now and have gotten it to where im happy and this week it starts making horrible cuts.

6ziTcCK.png

ZoTFrHs.png

Offset: 0

Speed: 20

Acceleration: 4

Cut Force: 16

Tangential Mode: Off

Blue Cutter blade holder.

I tried slower cutting and both tangential modes and the tangential modes seemed to make it it alot worse..

If this was happening to you what would you try next? Could my blade be getting wore out?

yes, start with a new blade and set it correctly. May have a broken tip.   No need for Tangential   Turn the speed down and cut slow until it does work right.  No need to run that fast when your trying to figure out a problem. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

yes, start with a new blade and set it correctly. May have a broken tip.   No need for Tangential   Turn the speed down and cut slow until it does work right.  No need to run that fast when your trying to figure out a problem. 

I'll order another blade. I was cutting slower at about 10-12 and then tried 20 to see if it would make it worse or better, didn't really make a difference.

Thanks!!

You should always have spare blades on hand. That's a must. Especially if your running a business.   Look at the tip of the blade, it's probably not there.  And 16 is  more force than I would use. unless your cutting something thicker than sign vinyl..   I would also look at the cutting strip for gouges and scratches. Also the blade has to turn freely in the blade holder. Add a drop of light oil.

• Like 2

Kind of looks like one of those scenarios where the cutting software accidentally got a setting changed and is treating the radius cuts wrong. What software are you using? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would be my guess. The actual cut look pretty good, the straight lines and sharp corners of the 5 for example look great. The curves are the problem and they look like a setting that determines the number of segments that make up a curve has been set way low.

12 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Kind of looks like one of those scenarios where the cutting software accidentally got a setting changed and is treating the radius cuts wrong. What software are you using? 

After what MZ Skeeter i checked my blade and it looks more than fine, my cutting strip could probably be replaced so i plan on finding one of those some time.

Im using the graphtec plugin for adobe AI. I think im a version or so behind should probably update it.

I do have a copy of Flexi 10 and i think the other free graphtec designer i could see if that changes anything.

does the vector design look like that in your cutting software, when you put it on wire frame?  Zoom it up and look at it. 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:19 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

does the vector design look like that in your cutting software, when you put it on wire frame?  Zoom it up and look at it. 

No, that's why i posted the 2nd screen shot in the OP.

Edit i guess it  doesn't show the paths though, but i have used this font tons of times before without problems.

Your three's look identical so it's something in the interpretation of the vector that is causing the issue would be my first thought. I don't know my way around the Graphtec plug-in but I have read about other programs doing this. Seems like a setting maybe "resolution" or " degree of precision" something like that. The program is not rounding off the radius' like it should be. 

• Like 1

It seems to be more of a font issue and i think how its getting rendered, i have used the font helvetica for a long time without issue.

Ill have to read more into the the software/pluggin for this issue.

Got a new cutting mat and adjusted my blade a little more and dropped the cutting force down. Other than that the machine seems to be doing good. If i figure out whats going on with the plugin ill post back.

Post a screen shot of the text after you have converted it to outlines (in wire frame mode)