D!0N

Laserpoint2 doesnt complete job

I have a laserpoint2. This piece of junk never completes a job. Called uscutter and they don't know, I believe it's a memory issue,  I tried new cables, new computer, different os, different software.  Etc.

Only thing I haven't tried is new cutter.

Someone please help before I break down and get a new one

I have a laserpoint2. This piece of junk never completes a job. Called uscutter and they don't know, I believe it's a memory issue,  I tried new cables, new computer, different os, different software.  Etc.

Only thing I haven't tried is new cutter.

Someone please help before I break down and get a new one

Understand you're frustrated, but you're going to have to provide a bit more info for anyone to be able to help.

What do you mean by doesn't complete job?

What OS are you using?

USB or serial cable?

All cutters have a certain amount of memory,  Your not stating how big of a design or designs your trying to cut..  Always best, if your using the USB cable to put it on a serial cable or a Tripplite Keyspan adapter.  The value cutters have a cheap Chinese chip in them.   Do you have the cutter grounded to the stand if you have one? That is the brand name, Tripp-lite . The only one guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter.   This is one,  find the best price.   Try a different cutting software.  SCALP is not all that reliable. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter/121453481995?hash=item1c4731100b:g:X2UAAOSwE6VXJGwq

"Doesn't complete job" the Laserpoint2 cutter stops before the complete cut is finished, blade stuck in cut position, no carriage return. 

. The LCD screen says "cutting" computer says data sent to cutter.

Win 7 and 10, multiple Usb cables.

9 minutes ago, D!0N said:

"Doesn't complete job" the Laserpoint2 cutter stops before the complete cut is finished, blade stuck in cut position, no carriage return. 

. The LCD screen says "cutting" computer says data sent to cutter.

Win 7 and 10, multiple Usb cables.

Already answered your question,  You only need 1 thread, people can read it.  Too many threads, you can't even find your answer.  People won't answer all of those threads.  Now go read your answer. 

Go read your other thread...Your question was answered.  Too many threads, you can't find the answers. 

This is BS. Us cutter should fix this not require the customer to purchase more.

Grounded as required the by instructions. 

I also knock off all static on all rolls before using

1525811140519181435036.jpg

4 minutes ago, D!0N said:

This is BS. Us cutter should fix this not require the customer to purchase more.

You bought a value cutter.   Many people have no problems with USB,  others have nothing but problems. and Scalp was replaced by Vinyl Master because people didn't like it.  It is crafting software. Why didn't you choose Vinyl Master?  Go try a trial of Vinyl Master  and see if it works.  

Software should not prevent it from completing cut. Especially since it came with it in box. 

5 minutes ago, D!0N said:

Software should not prevent it from completing cut. Especially since it came with it in box. 

Try a different software.  Vinyl Master has a trial.   Many people complained about SCALP hanging up.. freezing and other problems, UScutter switched to Vinyl Master.  They only provide SCALP so there is software for a MAC.   It is crafting software that used to be used for a Cricut cutter. I have read that the SCALP 4 Pro is much better, I have never tried it. I use Flexi software. 

15 minutes ago, D!0N said:

Can't I  just use my serial on my laptop

Are you thinking that the monitor connection  is a serial port? 

You still have never stated how big of design or designs you are trying to cut?  Are you sure they are all vector files? 

You bought a value cutter.  They do not have TRUE USB like the higher end cutters,  Graphtec, Roland, Summa, etc.  Value cutters have a cheap chip. 

How long have you had this cutter?  Did it ever cut correctly just using text designed in Scalp? Or some shapes?   Simple stuff. 

Try this.  Use your pen tool.  If the order completes. then most likely static.  People use Static Guard to spray in the room..  Dryers sheets in the vinyl rolls, Wipe your cutter down and vinyl with dryer sheets. Run a humidifier in the room.   Static builds up as the vinyl goes back and forth. 

Try Sign Blazer.

Try cutting a different file. If they one you're trying to cut is too big, that could be part of the issue.

If you have a laptop that has a serial port - go for it!

How long have you had this cutter, and is this the first time you've encountered this issue?

every so often mine just stops dead and acts as you described......i have no clue why....i usually try again and it's fine......sorry you are having an issue