Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Ricoh with sawgrass gel ink for ricoh

I hadn't printed any sublimation for almost a year (trips etc interfered with some normal orders) - got out the ricoh and thought I hope this works with a few cleaning cycle after sitting that long.    plugged it in let it do it's clean and initialize it always does when turned on and it printed a perfect nozzle test - and then perfect prints.  THAT is why I love the Ricoh and pay more for the gel ink and sawgrass support.
Mic drop

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here is the test mug - for some reason the last place mugs are more prized than the winning ones.   As usual the graphic provided was from a thumbnail from the web site and had to be recreated 

P4080012.thumb.JPG.33a7af4d6ebd6e4b1502e5433c7872d3.JPG

P4080013.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MadHatterGraphix said:

I like those Scott, Yeah us use Epson for sublimation inks are idiots lol.

not idiots if you use them all the time to keep them from clogging =- but there are times of the year especially during vacations that I will go months without firing up the sublimation printer, usually a epson doesn't do so well sitting like that

• Like 1

I just printed for the first time in months myself and the sg800 printed perfect. I recently built a large cnc router so i got sidetracked on sublimation for awhile. Coming from the epson world i was very impressed that it printed well being idle so long. If it was an Epson it would have been another boat anchor lol

• Like 2