Hello - Replaced Titan 2 with SC 2, having issues with HTV bunching up when cutting?  Advice on that as well as suggested pressure, speed settings?

Thanks!!!

Two obvious things to check, blade exposure and pinch rollers. Make sure you have the pinch rollers position over the ruff part of the lower roller. If it's not, or it's on a smooth part it'll cause problems as you're describing.

Follow Ms Skeeter's instructions for setting blade depth and pressure. Speed settings start slow and step it up till you're not happy with the cut results then slow it back down one step. More detailed designs usually should be cut at a slower speed.

Ive not tried to cut my HTV yet im nervous cause only got 1 sq ft of it to make what I need to. but i know my regular vinyl im down to 100 speed and 98 force.. Right now im noticing with anything 10 inches long or longer my vinyl is moving way off.. from the start of a roll to the end ( about 3 foot long) its moving to the right a whole inch.. and don't know how to make it not do this.

Consistently an inch? You did the roll back and forward thing?

You have to get the pen in there and play around a lot! That is really bad tracking. Play, play and then play some more. You will get it, but it takes time to get it right.

4 hours ago, bikemike said:

Consistently an inch? You did the roll back and forward thing?

You have to get the pen in there and play around a lot! That is really bad tracking. Play, play and then play some more. You will get it, but it takes time to get it right.

anything Small it does great but anything longer then 10 inches it does funny things. and I guess I will forget using my scrapes with this thing guess i break down buy the wife a Silhouette and let her use my scraps this thing makes those things twist and turn really bad.

i stuck a 3 foot roll on and it looked straight i now know how to make it feed so feed whole thing and it went over that whole inch.. i backed it back and moved it around tried again it was a little better but still off about half a inch going the whole 3 foot.. my rolls are to short to stay on the rollers tho maybe that is some of it?

You'd be amazed a what a small nudge will do to the movement of the vinyl. When I have to cut vinyl that isn't coming directly from a roll, it gets tricky. Like Mike said, you just need to roll it back and forth and see how it moves before committing to cut it.  I cannot speak for anyone else's machine, but mine shipped with a warning decal close to the cutting window, and the (back to front, or vertical) lines on that are pretty darn straight, so I usually lined up the vinyl along one of the lines, then use the machine to scroll the vinyl backwards and forwards. I don't usually get it spot-on the first try, so I will lift one roller and do a minute nudge in the necessary direction and re-roll the vinyl to check for alignment. Sometimes it takes several tries.

I don't often cut off the roll vinyl, so when you get neck deep into your addiction, no doubt you'll be buying new rolls which spool out pretty darn straight. As long as I can even tension across the roll, then I will drop the pinch rollers and it will feed straight as can be.

Just remember, small nudges can result in big vinyl drift (or corrections)

11 hours ago, eprcvinyls said:

anything Small it does great but anything longer then 10 inches it does funny things. and I guess I will forget using my scrapes with this thing guess i break down buy the wife a Silhouette and let her use my scraps this thing makes those things twist and turn really bad.

i stuck a 3 foot roll on and it looked straight i now know how to make it feed so feed whole thing and it went over that whole inch.. i backed it back and moved it around tried again it was a little better but still off about half a inch going the whole 3 foot.. my rolls are to short to stay on the rollers tho maybe that is some of it?

I don't have an SC, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to cut pretty small scraps with no problems. Just needs to be big enough that the rollers can hang onto it through the whole cut.

how do you like the sc2 after having a servo cutter -- interested in feedback on the new sc2 from someone that had the upgrade to compare it to