Dragonomine

Issues converting to dxf

Hello! I'm just learning Inkscape and have run into an issue.  I have a Silhouette Cameo and I am trying to convert my files.  I can convert my Sil files to SVG in Inkscape with no trouble, but when I try to convert to DXF, I get little "splinters" within the design.  I can't figure out how to fix this.  It has happened in every design I have converted to DXF.  I've attached images for you to look at.  Thanks in advance!

gift1.jpg

gift 2.jpg

31 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Ok,, but why are you trying to convert to DXF format.?  Maybe that would help.  For Autocad?

To sell files. I figured it out though!!  Thanks so much!

21 hours ago, Dragonomine said:

To sell files. I figured it out though!!  Thanks so much!

What was it?  I've seen issues with units with Inkscape outputting dxf.  You general had to change units to pixels or the size would be off.  I haven't seen that mess you stumbled upon.  What fixed it?

1 hour ago, dcbevins said:

What was it?  I've seen issues with units with Inkscape outputting dxf.  You general had to change units to pixels or the size would be off.  I haven't seen that mess you stumbled upon.  What fixed it?

When I go to save files a pop up comes up. For some reason one of the options were checked which messed it up.

I'm still curious why you want to convert to dxf. Most every program I've seen that uses dxf can also just as easily use eps, ai, or svg.

• Like 1