Cory

Detailed Cutting Taking Long Time

Hi –

I recently purchased a Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus. I'm very familiar with Illustrator and now am cutting my designs using the Cutting Master 4 plugin. I cut quite a few designs of state outlines. The machine moves very slow cutting the details for each state. I previously used a Silhouette machine and it smoothly cut the edges quickly (I think due to it's lack of detail). Does anyone have any recommendation for making these files cut quickly?

I would rather not go through every design and simplify/remove points to make it less jagged, but that's my only idea right now.

I am having this same problem using the Cutting Master 4 plugin in Illustrator. It was taking 2 hours to cut small logos that had  lot of edges. I saved the file to an .eps and then opened it in Graphtec Studio, took about 2 minutes to cut the same designs.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the Illustrator plugin work at the same performance as the Graphtec studio, so I don't have to keep reopening files in it. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, surferkai said:

I am having this same problem using the Cutting Master 4 plugin in Illustrator. It was taking 2 hours to cut small logos that had  lot of edges. I saved the file to an .eps and then opened it in Graphtec Studio, took about 2 minutes to cut the same designs.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the Illustrator plugin work at the same performance as the Graphtec studio, so I don't have to keep reopening files in it. Any suggestions?

I am trying to understand your question.  So are you saying that when you use Cutting Master4 that you cannot control the speed , when you raise the speed higher on the vinyl cutter?   That even though you may raise the speed at a higher speed, that the cutter will still cut very slow?  So you don't have any control over the speed function on the vinyl cutter?   You don't mention, but have you downloaded the Graphtec Cutting Controller  and used it?  I love  controlling everything from my computer,  Force, speed, etc. 

No, theres some problem with the CM4 plugin that is causing the cutter to cut the design slowly, I've put a link to the video I took of it cutting. Just seems to pause between each cut. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/Ou6I3gkCIxA

So saving my files as .eps and opening them in GS has taken care of that problem, now cutting at normal speeds without pauses. 

I don't know why the files are cutting slower from the CM4 plugin, and would rather cut from the plugin than save and reopen all my files in GS.

Have you tried going back to Cutting Master 3.  Or will it not work with your version of Illy?  I don't use   Cutting Master. or Graphtec Studio.    I use Flexi software with my Graphtec.

BUT have your tried to get the FREE Graphtec Pro that Graphtec was giving you Free. ? It is pretty much FlexisignPro.I think it is minus printer drivers.    That is a great deal.!!! 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form