KMCreations

Vinyl Cutter Stopping Mid Cut

Hi Everyone, 

Lately my MH721 vinyl cutter has been starting it's cut and then 5 - 8 seconds into the cut it stops and I have to start the cut all over again - it's wasting a lot of my vinyl. Especially on big pieces when it goes half way down the vinyl and stops. What is going on? 

Most likely static.  Those cutters are very prone to static problems..   A way to check is take the blade holder out, or use the pen and send the file.  If it completes the cut, most likely static.   Make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand if you have one.. Spray Static Guard in the area.  Wipe down cutter and vinyl with dryer sheets. 

Also if your using it on USB cable,  put the cuttter on a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter . That is the brand name.. Those cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them,  It is not TRUE USB.. 

OK I will try that. It completes the cut the 2nd time and a time again after that. But usually every new cut I make it does this the first time, lately the 2nd time too. 

Also those cutters have very limited memory..So any large detailed design may cause problems, Always, reset the cutter before sending a new design to dump the data from last order.