arty-rc

Gremlins stole my fonts

Gotta love Windows 10 updates. Apparently after the latest updates to Windows 10 a lot of the fonts in Signblazer vanished. I was using the UK version of SBE for years without any problems. A lot of my files used those now missing fonts. My one backup laptop did not lose any of the fonts. What is my next course of action to get them back? Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, signyouup said:

You got them wet and fed them after midnight didn't you!

I have to admit it. My wife did it!! LOL

4 hours ago, arty-rc said:

Gotta love Windows 10 updates. Apparently after the latest updates to Windows 10 a lot of the fonts in Signblazer vanished. I was using the UK version of SBE for years without any problems. A lot of my files used those now missing fonts. My one backup laptop did not lose any of the fonts. What is my next course of action to get them back? Thanks. 

re-install SignBlazer?

Has anyone figured this out.  I tried reinstalling and still didn't work.

Fonts, gotta love 'em.

SignBlazer installs about 200 fonts into the sbfonts folder that's located within the same  folder that contains the program ---  SBNT.exe

During the install, it asks if you want those or not.

Also, SignBlazer will access the Windows root level (System) Fonts folder that your entire operating system utilizes.

Maybe you could copy the fonts in the "sbfonts" folder and install/paste them into your Windows Control Panel Font folder?

*****I went into my 2009 version of SB and searched for "sbfonts" and found the font folder/ files....

BUT they are all re-named alpha-numeric...like SBF_001...etc.

No way to see what font it is without opening it....cut & paste may not work for this.

Sue2

I'll have to double check my home computer but I believe all my SBFs got moved to the windows font folder and they work just fine. It is a bit annoying when selecting a font as it has the SBF_xxx name but with a font viewer you can quickly look at all your fonts then pick the one you want and look at it's name.

Still having problems. I went to my files in Signblazer to re-make a sign that vanished at the club flying field. The sign file showed up in both the "open" files and the history files but when I opened either one my work space was blank. I put a select box around the work space and went to my text and selected a different font. The newer font showed up fine. Apparently the lost fonts don't affect the files but won't appear when you open the file in SBE. I did a web search for the missing font, did a download and installed it into my computer fonts folder and when I opened the sign file the text was there. Since all the fonts are still in my backup computer, could I go to the fonts file in the Control Panel and copy them to a flash drive and then paste them into the fonts file in the other computer. Thanks.

If it worked for one font it should work for all...but that will add 200 mystery fonts to your font folder.

Perhaps add a folder in the Font folder and put the SB fonts in there...as you use/need them, rename them and move to your regular font folder.  This way the fonts you never used won't clog up your computer font cache with unused fonts.

Sue2

On 11/4/2017 at 7:55 AM, Sue2 said:

If it worked for one font it should work for all...but that will add 200 mystery fonts to your font folder.

Perhaps add a folder in the Font folder and put the SB fonts in there...as you use/need them, rename them and move to your regular font folder.  This way the fonts you never used won't clog up your computer font cache with unused fonts.

Sue2

Thanks Sue. I copied the fonts to a new folder in my documents and will move them as needed. Still think that it's strange that it only happened to one of my four computers??

Find My Font was able to identify the SB fonts.......:( although one at a time.

I opened the font file and captured the font image in FMF...

Find My Font was  able to identify the actual font name from the search there.

Sue2