We have 2 computers that we create designs from. One Laser Point cutter on the way. Rather than transfer designs from one computer to the other, would like to get both connected so we both can cut. Make sense?

So which cutting software are you getting with your Laser Pointer?   If you choose Vinyl Master,  You can design on as many computers as you want, but can only cut from 1 computer. You get 1 cutting license., Not real sure on how Sure Cuts A Lot works..  I think you can have 2 computers set up with the Sure Cuts A Lot software.  

I have several computers set up with Flexi software, and can plug any of those into my cutter,  I just have to switch the USB dongle to that computer to use and plug that computer in. 

Your cutter only has 1 USB and 1 serial port...

You have 1 USB port and 1 serial port.on the vinyl cutter.. 

Also  the USB is not TRUE USB.  it is a cheap Chinese chipset..Value cutters like you purchased, are mostly all like that. .Many users find it much better to run on a Tripp- Lite Keyspan Adapter, That is the brand name...Much better flow of data. 

• Like 1

Didn't even know the USB thing existed till I just did a google search. The serial box switch, I've not used that exact model, but I've used several through the years, they've been around since pretty much the beginning of computers.

Interesting on the hub.. I thought about that but thought they were one direction and not bi-directional meaning the "male" on the hub would be connected to the cutter I'm assuming?

Depends on the hub, some are, some are not. But in order to connect 2 computers to a hub you'd need a special USB male-male cable and then a female to female cable for connecting to the plotter. It'd be cheaper to get the switch I linked to above.