I recently pulled out my Vinyl Express R series for the first time, it was given to me by my Mom.  I assumed it would just be plug and play, but so far I haven't been able to do anything and it seems like any link to software I might be able to use with it doesn't exist anymore.  If someone could please give me some sort of information on where to start it would be greatly appreciated, I'm running windows 10..not sure what other information would be helpful other than I have no experience with any of this.

actually it is a redsail cutter private branded by signwarehouse - they still sell them -   it would have been sold with VE-LXI program (sold at 4 different levels and prices)  but pretty sure programs like vinylaster support them - I would contact vinylmaster directly to make sure.  I may be wrong but I believe the old free copies of signblazer supported them too.  you will need the drivers as it is not plug and play like a printer.  you have to have the drivers for the internal chipset for usb or use a triplight keyspan for the serial connection with the appropriate cord if your computer doesn't have a serial connection as almost none do anymore.  whether signblazer or vinylmaster you will have to take some time to learn how to work with vector graphics as it is different than working with pictures that are raster based

get er hooked up and join in here - welcome aboard

Dakotagrafx, thanks.. i'm giving signcut pro a shot at the moment, looked like someone said it might be usable with corel draw?  I was given a box with "everything it needs" but unfortunately the software wasn't actually in it..or I haven't found it yet, appreciate the help.. hopefully I can figure it out

any graphic you try to cut needs to be a vector graphic- as coreldraw will produce both vector and raster graphics - - -  and not sure if signcut addresses the usb chipset issue or not

20 minutes ago, CantCut said:

I recently pulled out my Vinyl Express R series for the first time, it was given to me by my Mom.  I assumed it would just be plug and play, but so far I haven't been able to do anything and it seems like any link to software I might be able to use with it doesn't exist anymore.  If someone could please give me some sort of information on where to start it would be greatly appreciated, I'm running windows 10..not sure what other information would be helpful other than I have no experience with any of this.

go here and try the demo, It will work for your cutter...http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scalpro.html

Any questions just ask. I use this software as well  and some have changed from a few others to this ...

2 minutes ago, CantCut said:

thanks a lot, i'll give it a shot and see what I figure out

i can setup a live view mode with you if you want so you can see how it works while you watch from your computer and see my screen  and how simple it is to use,Send me a pm if you want.

You should be able to download the drivers from their manufacturer website for free to get your vinyl cutter working.

Just got one of these used from a friend. Anyone got it working on a Mac? If so, what hoops did you have to jump through? ;-)

6 hours ago, drd2aiki said:

Just got one of these used from a friend. Anyone got it working on a Mac? If so, what hoops did you have to jump through? ;-)

Did you check the manufacturer's or reseller's website for the specs? It's probably a PC only, so if you want to get it running on a Mac, your options will be Bootcamp, Parallels or VM Fusion with a Windows OS installed on any of those.