Ed McCarron

Text on path just looks... off...

Tried searching, but wasn't sure what to look for.  SCAL3.  Text on path.  The letters follow my circle, but they don't seem to rotate around the center of the circle...

That make any sense?  Looks like I'd have to rotate the letters individually to make them look uniform.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,,Ive been using scalps3pro/4pro for just over 2 1/2 years and like it..  For text on path,this is the only issue i have with scalps,I use scalps 4pro which still has the same problem but  is much better than the older versions like scalps3 and 3 pro that have offered in the past.They are working a better Text on path from what they tell me .  I have brought this issue to the attention of craftedge.com which is who provides the software . I use Ai to do the text on path/arch features etc  . But now that i have learned Ai fairly well , i design just about 98% in Ai and then do shadow and outline in scalps and for cutting .... Is scalps your primary and or only software you use?   Go to craftedge.com and see if there is a newer update you can download for yours, and see what the upgrade cost is to get scalps 4pro. If you have scalps3pro , i think its like 49 bucks or so to get the upgrade, just depends on what version you have but they do offer deals.. They only contact thru email but they have always been really quick to get back to me .

If you have any questions send me a PM.

If there is not an update that fixes it, and you don't want to spend any money, give Inkscape a try. It's not the greatest for working with text, but it does a pretty decent job and is great for vector design in general, and best of all, it's free.

6 hours ago, darcshadow said:

If there is not an update that fixes it, and you don't want to spend any money, give Inkscape a try. It's not the greatest for working with text, but it does a pretty decent job and is great for vector design in general, and best of all, it's free.

There is no fix right now, not even in scalps4pr.They are supposed to be having someone in the software design dept contact me on this issue. So hopefully it gets taken care of asap. If not i have Ai anyway as my primary design software.

I ended up doing the text in Illustrator and using the plugin to send it to SCAL.  Much cleaner text.  It's a workaround, but it does the job.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Not sure @Ed McCarronif you upgraded but @Primal Decals I found a way on SCAP 4 to make the letters follow the circle perfectly.

Here's what I did:

Make your circle to what ever size, then do your text in a straight line.

Select the text and the circle at the same time

Go to the "effects" tab on the top, then click "object on path"

Bam it turned out awesome

round logo.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2017 at 5:29 PM, 88x said:

Not sure @Ed McCarronif you upgraded but @Primal Decals I found a way on SCAP 4 to make the letters follow the circle perfectly.

Here's what I did:

Make your circle to what ever size, then do your text in a straight line.

Select the text and the circle at the same time

Go to the "effects" tab on the top, then click "object on path"

Bam it turned out awesome

round logo.JPG

@88x nice job bud...thanks alot.. Ive been away working on other projects like my photography as well... Just upgraded my whole photo kit., Now i will be doing both lol

• Like 2

just tried getting text to path on an oval...what a mess!!  then it won't even attempt at typed text being selected, then the oval and then moving it to path...  what a pain.