RUFFSTUFF

Why Is There This Product Gap? (Cutters)

12 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I agree totally with Dakota on the width. My first cutter could;d handle 48" vinyl and I actually tried that once.... Once was enough for cut vinyl.  When I upgraded I downsized to a 30" cutter. I cut 30" a few times a year and it's very nice to have that option but I don't mess with wider. If I was a large format printer dude and had a nice big wide printer it would be a different story. For cut vinyl 24" will handle 95% of it. 

Very true......

I've been very happy with my 24" . Ive been able to do store glass front designs 8 ft by 9 ft and 4x8 signs etc.. with no issues .just have to know how to cut things to make them work.. I just did a design for a biker group i picked up and the over all design was 40" tall .I was able to split the design into 3 whole pieces and came out great. As far as i see, i dont need a larger cutter as of yet.

• Like 1

If you wind up going with a 24 inch cutter, spend the extra on the Graphtec over the Titan2/3. You will be glad in the long run. I use both regularly, and I hate when I have to use the Titan2 at work.

42 minutes ago, Sal316 said:

If you wind up going with a 24 inch cutter, spend the extra on the Graphtec over the Titan2/3. You will be glad in the long run. I use both regularly, and I hate when I have to use the Titan2 at work.

what the issue with your titan 2 , cause i have zero complaints on it.. just out of curiosity lol.

1 hour ago, Primal Decals said:

what the issue with your titan 2 , cause i have zero complaints on it.. just out of curiosity lol.

I'll use the analogy of it's like going from a Cadillac to an Accord. Both get the job done but it's just a much smoother ride in the Cadillac. More "bells and whistles".

For the sake of not bashing our host's flagship cutter too much, some of the things I don't particularly care for:

• Grit roller placement, mainly the lack of a larger one on the right side like the Graphtec has.
  • Poor quality build. I had to replace the USB port within the first 3 months of using the Titan2 due to it coming loose. Yes it was under warranty, but I still had to sit and wait for them to send me the part.
  • Tracking is noticeably better on the Graphtec, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sal316 said:

For the sake of not bashing our host's flagship cutter too much, some of the things I don't particularly care for:

Don't worry Sal they sell Graphtec too!..... and Roland and Mimaki. You could say they got it goin' on! 

• Like 1

I don't know about the LaserPoint II 31.5" but I just got in a 25". It has 5 grit rollers and 3 pinch rollers. Because of the placement of the grit rollers you can set the pinch rollers to 10 different widths. Centerline to Centerline: 1 1/2", 5, 6 1/2, 8, 9, 14, 15 1/2, 17, 20 1/2, 22

• Like 1

@Sal316 thats weird , I've had zero issues with anything, Sounds like you just got a bad product that one time, and i guess i would feel the same way if it were to happen to me .But all i can say is it has cut perfectly dead on with the thousand or so designs I've ran in the past 2 1/2 years ive owned it since new. I know the graphtec is an amazing top end cutter. But i wont talk down the titan 2 lol at least not at this point.

For a new wrinkle... What would you choose if your insurance company was giving you $550 towards the purchase of a new cutter?

22 minutes ago, RUFFSTUFF said:

For a new wrinkle... What would you choose if your insurance company was giving you $550 towards the purchase of a new cutter?

I would add the rest and buy the Graphtec.  Unless you did purchase that hp latex then I would probably get the roland for the easy contour cutting  - graphtec cuts fine detail better but roland finds those round registration marks great

I just said screw it and ordered the Titan 3 68". I will probably never need that much area but it gives me the option. The price was good as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RUFFSTUFF said:

one of the downsides to the 2 biggest titans is the roll had to be threaded on the rod every time instead of sitting on 2 rods like all the others

LOL   I tried to lift a 60" x 150 ft roll before.  No way.  I could only  move it end over end in the box.  And I cut it into (2) 30" rolls. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

one of the downsides to the 2 biggest titans is the roll had to be threaded on the rod every time instead of sitting on 2 rods like all the others

The other to me would be vinyl waste size that is left over,if it will fit on the rollers to be able to use...otherwise it will be wasted material.