Sign in to follow this  
Bigk_54

Layering tape

So I did some race car decals that required layering, tried with paper application tape.  Now I'm looking for clear as I have more multi color decals to make, from reading it appears AT60N or AT65 is used for this, any recommendations on what to use for this?  

clear is nice for layering but not conducive to compound curves like normal cars (race cars tend to be flat - and can't use with wet method - many times in the past I have  put paper tape down and just use some clear or even packing tape over the part with registration marks to make lining up easier.  that way I still have the paper tape for wet or curves after I cut off the registration marks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

clear is nice for layering but not conducive to compound curves like normal cars (race cars tend to be flat - and can't use with wet method - many times in the past I have  put paper tape down and just use some clear or even packing tape over the part with registration marks to make lining up easier.  that way I still have the paper tape for wet or curves after I cut off the registration marks.

This!

Most of my next layering jobs are going to be window decals so they will be 3 layer colors then cloth tape for instillation