JPvinyl

Clipart and font

Has anyone purchased any fonts or clip art from the website clipart and fonts.com    And if so is it worth the money?   Also, even if I buy clipart, is it still license material and I don't have free use to use it? 

I have purchased from them and the quality wasn't very good. You can get a lot of images for fairly cheap but they are not as cut ready as they claim. They have some jagged edges, overlaps and look traced. 

I would download some of their free sample images and zoom in and otherwise inspect them in wireframe. Then you can decide if it's worth your time to clean up the files or you are happy using them as is. 

A quick Google search with review after their website url may yield some results. 

• Like 1

Agree with KYSIGN.   If your don't zoom those files up real big on wireframe,, and look them over,  before cutting,  many of those files will bite you..  Some are just not worth fixing..And the big set,  had just too many tribals..And they are just horribly traced. Many should have both sides matching each other  and they are not even close.  About the only thing you can do, is split the image with scissors tool.  Fix 1 side,, mirror it and weld the sides back together to make them look right..I have tons that I have had to fix.   Text overlapping,  very poor traces,  Lines extending past the design, just out there.Inside the designs and outside..Some lines just don't even look right,,Not smooth ,  warped for the design,,  on and on...even spelled words wrong  BEAR  for BARE.And there are some copyrighted stuff in the bunch, so you have to watch for that also.  The software is licensed to them.  Read the End user agreement.   Best files I got was buying from SignTorch.  Nice clean files.  I wish they would do some new stuff,  but it looked like they kinda quit years back. 

That's what I thought. I prefer to work with reliable tools. Thanks for the warning. 

13 hours ago, JPvinyl said:

Has anyone purchased any fonts or clip art from the website clipart and fonts.com    And if so is it worth the money?   Also, even if I buy clipart, is it still license material and I don't have free use to use it? 

Their entire 10-DVD collection MEGA VAULT is routinely on eBay for about $50.

Depending on what your goal is, the collection can be well worth that, if only to obtain a Skull, or Shark, or some Flames, or a Fairy, perhaps a Frog.

I earned my money back on that set from my very first job that incorporated a horse (signage for a Farrier).

And their SwapMeet section is absolutely priceless !!!

If you're on their mailing list they send out a link to some free images at most of the holidays. It will give you an idea of the quality.

JP, I think the point made is there are better vendors out there. Sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best value. I do most of my own work but have paid for several files when time was an issue or my imagination failed me. I have had great success with Signtorch. The big sites can also be effective. Shudder stock being one that can pay off if you pay for a full month or something and then religiously grab all that you can. It's hard to know what you will want later though. Another great option is to hire some of the guys here on the forum that dabble in vector design. Often if you are just trying to get it done on your own and stumped all sorts of people will hep you out. There was a regular production line in the vector help section a few years ago but we found that there were many who were just mooching off the goodwill of those willing to help rather than learn or take the time to actually DO their own files. The forum is set up as a self help kind of place and as far as graphics go many regulars on here will bend over backwards to help the new guy as long as you are actively trying to learn. 

As to your other part of the question, yes sometimes the license does not allow you to use the work for a logo and only for reproduction (for you to build shirts to sell at a flea market for instance) so you need to pay close attention before you sell that to someone in a logo and their company suddenly goes global and here they are with a stolen icon in their logo. Bad for them and then bad for you later. When I was brand new to cutting I bought a huge Ultimate Ornaments Mega Pack with 12,800 vector designs from USCutter. It was pricey but I have gotten good use out of that thing in regards to scroll designs and other frames and flowers used as design elements. Nothing wrong with paying for good stuff and it will save you a lot of time later if you buy smart. Flames are another that are a pain to do good and get to look just right. 

40 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

JP, I think the point made is there are better vendors out there. Sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best value. I do most of my own work but have paid for several files when time was an issue or my imagination failed me. I have had great success with Signtorch. The big sites can also be effective. Shudder stock being one that can pay off if you pay for a full month or something and then religiously grab all that you can. It's hard to know what you will want later though. Another great option is to hire some of the guys here on the forum that dabble in vector design. Often if you are just trying to get it done on your own and stumped all sorts of people will hep you out. There was a regular production line in the vector help section a few years ago but we found that there were many who were just mooching off the goodwill of those willing to help rather than learn or take the time to actually DO their own files. The forum is set up as a self help kind of place and as far as graphics go many regulars on here will bend over backwards to help the new guy as long as you are actively trying to learn. 

As to your other part of the question, yes sometimes the license does not allow you to use the work for a logo and only for reproduction (for you to build shirts to sell at a flea market for instance) so you need to pay close attention before you sell that to someone in a logo and their company suddenly goes global and here they are with a stolen icon in their logo. Bad for them and then bad for you later. When I was brand new to cutting I bought a huge Ultimate Ornaments Mega Pack with 12,800 vector designs from USCutter. It was pricey but I have gotten good use out of that thing in regards to scroll designs and other frames and flowers used as design elements. Nothing wrong with paying for good stuff and it will save you a lot of time later if you buy smart. Flames are another that are a pain to do good and get to look just right. 

That's the feeling I had. That's have no problem paying for something good. I have reached out before and had great success. I am not the most creative person and having a source of ready to go designs like that interest me. I don't have any current projects that need this source. It's more of me trying to be a bit pro active when I have some cash that's availabile. 

• Like 1

My personal favorite is vectorstock.com

$1 per design. They have always been good quality. I just pay as I need them.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

My personal favorite is vectorstock.com

$1 per design. They have always been good quality. I just pay as I need them.  

I second this.  They may not have all the options that other sites might have, but they do have a good selection.

• Like 1