Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Lids -- gonna heat some hats

Abandoned & Auctioned Storage lockers - gotta love 'em. A friend of mine obtained a locker recently and it contained a hat press, which he let me have for the low-low deal of $80.

And then, astonishingly, on craigslist some fellow had a case of hats for sale (60 for $70).

So, I'm now about to try hat making, while all I need is some HTV vinyl.

1c6f58ac35e399c56fa2076c3683b4f6.jpg

• Like 5

Cool beans. Hats are fun. Well actually they can be a lot of work but they are cool none the less. What type of hat press is it? Pic's please. 

Update:

I was able to sell all 60 hats to one client, at $5 a pop.

Unfortunately, now I'm out of hats and cannot locate a supplier for $1.00 hats.

These might work, but the pastel assortment of colors is just kinda weird.

Let me rephrase that  :(    There HAS TO BE a source of regular Baseball hats for $1. where I'll be able to choose the colors I want.

But darn it Skeetz, now you got me thinking of a way to design something for putting onto those Dollar Store spring hats. Even for Valentine's Day they can be really popular !!   :wub:

• Like 1

You're thinking backwards Slice. Buy a few higher end hats and you can make $3-$5 each on just the mark-up. PLUS the design. I have also dome large runs of hats with plastisol transfers from F&M. 

The cheapest hats I have found from a supplier have been just under the $2 range by the time you get them shipped. Only ones in the $1 range are going to be liquidation type things and having a choice is going to be unlikely.