KW_200

Help with vectorizing and print and cut

Hi,

I am new to using Vinylmaster Cut with my SC cutter and I am hoping to get some help, please. I want to be able to print and cut stickers and planner stickers using my SC cutter instead of getting Cricut or Silhouette just for stickers and labels. I have gotten the hang of vectorizing, printing and cutting a single color object. I am having trouble figuring out how to vectorize only an outline of a multi-colored object so that all of the printed parts are not cut but only printed. I have watched videos on the VinylMaster YouTube channel, but haven't found what I am looking for or I'm just not understanding if I did see it.

I've attached two files that are similar to the things I want to start working with. For the sticker sheets, I need to have each sticker on the page cut. I would GREATLY appreciate any help on how to do this. Thanks in advance!

boyghostbag_edited-1.png

floral sticker sheet_edited-4.jpg

In the contour cutting screen do you see outline (%) setting,  and the box with "keep holes" ?  Play around with that and above the image select "split view" , helps me to see.  

Hi, Camel,

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to vectorize the image before doing this? I see what you are referring to, but nothing happens to the image.

Camel, 

I was able to get this to work using the outliningfunction under Tools. Is that correct? But I only get it to work for a single image, which is more than I had. :) Now, I need to figure out how to do this with my sheets of labels that I designed in Photoshop. Any pointers for that?

Thanks for any assistance!

Vextoring tends to help, but your outline trick is fine too. Are you trying to do multiple images of the same image on a sheet?

Guest VinylMaster Support

There is a specific tool just for this job. It does not vectorize the image, it traces a cutting contour around it.  Select the image, and click on the Contour Cut tool at the top of the screen (next to the Send to cut icon), it has a picture of an apple on the button. This screen will allow you to build normal cutting contours, but will detect if some of your items are images, and offer to trace a contour around the images for you.

Hi, okay, thanks. I think the image of the stickers is to complex, maybe? It only puts a line around the entire graphic and not each sticker. I'll try importing them separately instead of all at once to see what happens. Thanks!!

Hi, Just wanted to update this post. The option for what I want to do with the sticker page is available with the LTR version of VinylMaster. I downloaded the demo software and found that I was able to trace the way I wanted to with a higher version that the VM Cut. Thanks again for the help!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.