Templinsvinyl

Floating VInyl

I am having an issue with my vinyl floating.  I was cutting multiples of a design, and the it started cutting off of the vinyl.  The vinyl floated to the right.  I went through the setup instructions again, checked my speed, checked my pressure, etc...   When I press the "Offline/Pause" button, and then press "V-" to feed the vinyl, it floats to the right, so far, it is no longer under the pinch roller.  I have tried to adjust the pinch rollers, tightening up the left, loosening the right, etc.... to stop this from happening, nothing appears to be working

Has anyone had an issue like this, or does anyone know how to remedy this?  Thank you in advance

What you are referring to is "tracking"  This is one of the big problems with value cutters, and why people upgrade to higher end cutters....You don't mention what cutter you have so I will assume it is a value cutter...    You have to have the vinyl perfectly straight to start with.  Pinch rollers equal distance from the vinyl edge..to feed the vinyl straight.. Adjusting  the pinch rollers just messed things up worse for you.  They are factory set...  Even having a blade too far out of the blade holder can cause the vinyl to shift over. as it's feeding,.as it's too much pressure,,  You have to use the arrows and prefeed the vinyl back and forth and always have enough slack in the vinyl to do the job, never be pulling from the roll when cutting...   You need to put the pinch roller tightness, back where it was...

This is from support.  You need to search for vinyl tracking.

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000030128-why-is-my-cutter-making-the-vinyl-go-sideways-

• Like 1

what skeeter said and I will add another mistake by many newbies-  don't use any rulers or ther decals on the machine that were applied by a blind chinese person after a night out on the town and forgot their glasses - they are seldom straight and true so what skeeter said

• Like 1