itwhiz

Cutter Receiving but not cutting

I've  got a Liyu SC631 cutter, which has not been used for some while. I came to use it yesterday and it will not print/cut.

I've tried it from Linux and Windows 10, using a direct USB cable, Prolific USB to Serial cable and an FTDI cable.  all but the FTDI cable display on the screen of the cutter display ' Cutting .....' and then goes back to the menu, but the head doesn't moved and nothing comes out on the cutter.

Any ideas? 

Sorry, forgot the software/hardware info.

I'm using Inkscape on both Linux and windows with the inkcut 1.0 extension.

On Linux i'm connecting to ttyUSB0, which is the one detailed in dmesg.  On the windows side I'm connecting it to a generic raw printer and selecting that printer in Inkcut 1.0.

Also on Linux I've tried  sending the HPGL file directly to the com port using             cat 'filename.hpgl' > /dev/ttyUSB0   

I've also tried write a small file to just move the head with the pen inserted.

IN;SP1;PD100,100;PU0.0;IN

As I said the cutter receives the file because the screen flashes up with 'cutting .......' then it just goes off.  

Get the trial of SignCut Pro for windows.  The trial is limited.  This will get you a method of seeing if the settings are right.  Once you get it to cut, look at the com port settings that SignCut is using and try them with the Plot extension in Inkscape.  Also, Signblazer might be an option.

I'm wondering if you have the right drivers downloaded for it?  Have you used it since you upgraded to Windows 10?  I would try to go to the manufacturer's website.  Good luck, it can be frustrating at times!

Trying different software is a good idea, but to me it sounds like a plotter problem. If you can manually send the HPGL file to the comm port and the cutter shows that is has received the data I would suspect something in the plotter has died. Does the plotter have a self test?