Sign in to follow this  
tibgdm1

Reds appear pink on Mugs on Rich GX7700 with sawgrass ink & powerdriver

I have been lucky enough to not encounter any block colour related issued sublimating photographic images onto mugs. However, I have been given a job that has blocks of red in the vector image. I have gone through 10 plus mugs using different tweaks in the image, driver settings, etc, but constantly produce a variety of pinks :-( and I'm now run out of options as well as mugs. I've exhausted forums, manufacturer/vendor settings and guidance without success :-(

My configuration:

All drivers are the latest to the OS, Sawgrass & Ricoh.

SCREEN CALIBRATED: YES
SOFTWARE: PHOTOSHOP CS5INKS: SAWGRASS SUBLIJET-R (LESS THAN 3 MONTHS OLD)
PAPER: SAWGRASS TRUEPIX
MUG: LONGFORTE ULTRA WHITE
PRINTER: GELSPRINTER GX e7700N

COLOUR HANDLING: PRINTER MANAGES COLOUR
RENDERING INTENT: PERCEPTUAL
DRIVERS: POWERDRIVER R GXE7700N V3.7.1.2814 WITH UNDERLYING OEM RPCS V4.51

I am using the standard sawgrass procedure for image creation and powerdriver printing. I have also used the PHOTO & VECTOR ICC print process from sawgrass which gives the same results. All other colours appear fine, its just the reds.

I have included an image of my mug, created using the Wikipedia RGB RED values (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red) with a variety of core reds that I wanted to reproduce alongside a colour calibration chart and a listawood mug from this years printwear & promotion 2017 show which has the red I desire.

red-sample.JPG

you don't say what heat source your are using and have you tried varying the  time heat is applied besides checking the accuracy of the eheat source?   the pink can be caused by too much time or too little time.  it is one area that adding more time makes things worse possibly