Sign in to follow this  
Ballistic

Graphtec FC8600 Blade adjustment help

Recently got a Graphtec FC8600, Been awhile since i have had to setup a new plotter and im having a little trouble getting it dialed in when cutting.

Got it pretty close but its still off, see the images attached.

Do i need to keep adjusting the blade holder (more or less blade showing? Or is it going to be a setting on the machine (like offset)?

Thanks in advanced!

03-2017-1u1y48qG044.png

03-2017-9T9V75jn97j.png

You should check your test pattern and make sure it is good.as far as offset... Offset is zero on a Graphtec...

Set your blade depth like this and it is good.. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 3

I was just dealing with this exact issue with my CE-6000 and after reading a couple posts found out my blade tip was actually broken. I haven't been able to test my new blade yet but it might be worth checking if you haven't ruled that out yet.

• Like 2

So I finally got around to trying out the new blade and while it does cut better I am still experiencing this on some spots. Have you found a fix to yours? For some reason on a couple curves it doesn't finish the cut all the way or the cut goes into the letter/number slightly taking out a little nick.

On 2017-03-15 at 8:07 PM, Ballistic said:

Recently got a Graphtec FC8600, Been awhile since i have had to setup a new plotter and im having a little trouble getting it dialed in when cutting.

Got it pretty close but its still off, see the images attached.

Do i need to keep adjusting the blade holder (more or less blade showing? Or is it going to be a setting on the machine (like offset)?

Thanks in advanced!

03-2017-1u1y48qG044.png

03-2017-9T9V75jn97j.png

Ive gotten mine about 90% perfect just buy adjusting the blade holder, looks about almost no blade is showing..

One thing i wish the Cutting Master 3 plugin had was a over cut option like Flexi has, maybe it does and i just haven't found it.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:32 PM, Pyro Nemesis said:

So I finally got around to trying out the new blade and while it does cut better I am still experiencing this on some spots. Have you found a fix to yours? For some reason on a couple curves it doesn't finish the cut all the way or the cut goes into the letter/number slightly taking out a little nick.

Have you tried using a different condition on your cutter?  If using condition 1 try condition 2

I do all of my cutting on condition 9  Using the Graphtec cutting controller.