I searched for this in Vinyl Master Users on Facebook, but there's not enough people there to be a good support team.

And VM's tech support is non existent. 

So maybe someone here can help.

I have VM Cut(US Cutter) at this time.

What I want to do is maybe manipulate an outline or just make my font 3 dimensional. Similar to pics.

Thanks in advance.

15826832_1218418611578940_8498976199211801021_n.jpg

3CkPeJy5

I don't know anything about VM, but the effect you are wanting is called a block shadow and according to VM's comparison page, that option is not available in VM Cut. Do you have any other design software you can use? I know this effect can be accomplished in Inkscape, although it's not as easy to do as in other programs.

• Like 1

It's called a "Block Shadow" in Text Tools... may not be included in the Vm Cut version,

definitely in the Pro version (and above). Works with both Text and Images.

(edit: we must have been typing at nearly the same, ds)

• Like 1

I don't remember that option being available in the cut version of VM. Very little design aspect with cut from what I remember, bit it's worth it's weight to upgrade to letter , or better yet pro!

• Like 1

I debated a good while over the Ltr version as text Creation/ Manipulation was one of the main reasons I wanted Vm. Went with Pro for the extra Text Design Tools, the Font Manager, & the Extra, Free Fonts.

Was one of the First on here to give the Software a shot and never looked back with a single regret.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I don't know anything about VM, but the effect you are wanting is called a block shadow and according to VM's comparison page, that option is not available in VM Cut. Do you have any other design software you can use? I know this effect can be accomplished in Inkscape, although it's not as easy to do as in other programs.

Yes I have InkScape. I've only had it for a couple weeks so I'm still learning to familiarize myself with it.

I do believe I'm just going to have to spend the money to upgrade to Pro.

Inkscape's a great program, especially for the price. Design's all I have used it for as it's Plotting abilities are still in infancy and best suited to the Computer 'Power User'.

Did take a while to get used to Inscape's way, coming from an ADOBE background but, there's not much (Vectorwise) that it can't do with practice and experience. Still, Text is not it's strong suit so I went looking for additional Software.

There is not much on the market that can compete with VinylMaster Pro

for the price, though, IMO. Corel's good too, but, it's been a lotta years since I messed with it.

Lucky, It's a solid program. I am a very dedicated AI guy for design but have access to VM Pro and have been really impressed with it. Not to mention they have been very proactive with support right here on the forum. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.