Sign in to follow this  
tcorrell02

Problems with htv process

Ok i would pull my hair out if i had any!!

I have tried 3 times with the htv and had success 1 time. 2 of the 3 times only half of the vinyl stuck and the rest lifted with the clear cover. 1 time was a t shirt and did 2 items that overlapped. Laid first graphic and put in press for 2 secs, lifted fine. laid second graphic and pressed for full 14 secs. Only half of second graphic stuck and the rest lifted with the cover sheet. 2nd item was a nylon bag, i know tricky not to melt, applied letters, pressed for full 12 secs . 2 of the 3 letters stuck perfect, about 10% of 3rd letter stuck and rest lifted with cover.?

Any ideas or suggestions? Done a bit of sign vinyl but this is my only 2 attempts at htv.

Basic clamshell and sisser easyweed 

How old is your heatpress.?   You might have a dead spot on your press. I use a template gun to check my heat. You might increase the time on it. 

Did you use the suggested temperature & time for the Sisser HTV?

Did you pre-heat the surface of your items to remove any moisture?

Sue2

9 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

Did you use the suggested temperature & time for the Sisser HTV?

Did you pre-heat the surface of your items to remove any moisture?

Sue2

Yes suggest is 10-15 secs

and yes pre heated tshirt not nylon bag

Uh the BIG issue is it's NYLON. You have to use Siser Easyweed Extra rather than regular easyweed when working on nylon. Even pressure could also cause a problem as noted by a few. Bags have a tendency to have thick seams and such that will hold the upper platen up. A press pillow is a good way to deal with this.

• Like 1

The basic presses from USCutter tend to be off on the temp. As previously mentioned, check the temps. My press at work, the cheap USCutter one, is 15-20 degrees off. Once I corrected for this the issues stopped.

• Like 1