I can't begin to tell you the issues we've had with this cutter.  Now, we fire up to do shirts.... (HTV), Cut the first few pockets, thr graphic was good but the text was horrible. Rounded edges, along with one of the original issues of the blade appearing like it doesn't hold consistent pressure. Tried a test cut, itvwitldnt complete the cuts and was also rounded at times. . I tried several different blades, and different angle blades.  Nothing helped very much. Offset did SLIGHTLY improve the text, but very slightly. Another issue is the blade holder is rubbing the vinyl, to the point it's really showing on the vinyl. This isn't a problem on HTV, but it still shouldn't do it. Has anyone experienced this?

FWIW: USC has agreed to replace the cutter, but I don't have the original packaging.....

Got some of the issues fixed. Ran the offset all the way to .55-.60 and it squared the text up.  Not sure why it all of a sudden needed to be that high.....  still having these crazy cuts though. 

The T isn't cutting straight either at start or finish. Thought maybe the blade wasn't spinning, but it's intermittent. Did same with both holders. 

The small graphic should be straight instead of humped up. I'm wondering if the T & this are the same problem. 

The A should be open, as it is, but the two horizontal lines should be parallel. 

IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9048.JPG

IMG_9049.JPG

looking at those deep spots and makes me think the blade exposure is way too much - that will affect the offset as the cutter things the tip is in a different spot than it should be.  I would also check for a broken tip on the blade unless you had new blades in both holders

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

looking at those deep spots and makes me think the blade exposure is way too much - that will affect the offset as the cutter things the tip is in a different spot than it should be.  I would also check for a broken tip on the blade unless you had new blades in both holders

All new blades.  Depth is so little you can't even see it, barely feel it. I can lower pressure from 63 to 57 and it'll have areas where it barely scars the vinyl. 

call support so they can run thru all the diagnostic list - better than keep pecking away at guesses on the forum of users

How long have you had it? How much cutting have you done on it before this started happening? 

11 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

How long have you had it? How much cutting have you done on it before this started happening? 

Right at a year.  We don't do a lot of work being as we both have jobs.  We have spurts where we take in 100 shirt orders and 20 here and there.  It just started all of a sudden. Static isn't the issue. I thought maybe the file or that particular font, or even the fact that we're trying under 1/8" text, but even 2" tall text won't finish cuts properly. It even does it with the pen. 

IMG_9050.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

what was their conclusion or solution to the problem?

Tighten the belt.......  haven't tried yet.  We have 58 shirts on this order that's no big deal as far as the cuts, so we're gonna knock these out before I tear into it and render it useless.  lol 

57 minutes ago, jep8fan said:

Right at a year.  We don't do a lot of work being as we both have jobs.  We have spurts where we take in 100 shirt orders and 20 here and there.  It just started all of a sudden. Static isn't the issue. I thought maybe the file or that particular font, or even the fact that we're trying under 1/8" text, but even 2" tall text won't finish cuts properly. It even does it with the pen. 

IMG_9050.JPG

What am I missing, out side of the little dot on the left side of the triangle, that pen drawing looks perfect to me. Or is the dot what you are referring to as bad?

1 hour ago, jep8fan said:

IMG_9050.JPG

looks like it finished the shape with the pen - what I see is hooks where the offset with a pen would be 0 and it is probably still set for the blade which has the tip of the blade trailing the actual center of the blade holder which is why we have offset.  if too much blade is exposed the tip will trail further than the cutter thinks it is causing improper corners and incomplete cuts.

I am still curious of what support said at the end of your conversation with them - did they indicate they thought it was operating properly?  did it operate properly during their testing?  I have not heard of them just dropping a support call with gee we don't know and you are on your own.  if so I am sure there is someone at usc that would like to hear that and who you talked to

I sucked it up and tried VM with another computer, it cut a lot better. Almost flawless at 0.08" tall. I wonder if if it's hardware on the laptop with SCALP or SCALP itself. 

I still had had to run offset to 0.60, and it also doesn't explain why the test cut directly from the machine is rounding corners. 

I can't remember on the titan - do you set the offset on the cutter as well as the software being able to set it like on the graphtec?  with that offset something is way off

3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I can't remember on the titan - do you set the offset on the cutter as well as the software being able to set it like on the graphtec?  with that offset something is way off

Good call. I would look at that for sure.

18 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

to be blunt - scalp sux

To be even more blunt.... VM is worse. Can't even arc text. I can work circles around VM with SCALP. 

14 hours ago, bikemike said:

Good call. I would look at that for sure.

18 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Titan2 cannot adjust offset though machine. 

2 hours ago, jep8fan said:

To be even more blunt.... VM is worse. Can't even arc text. I can work circles around VM with SCALP. 

just tried it and worked fine with vm pro - scalp has a lot of lipstick but structure lacks - personally a flexi pro fan for my designs but when working with value software vm pro has done well in my trials

2 hours ago, jep8fan said:

Titan2 cannot adjust offset though machine. 

well that shoots that idea in the foot . . .  tried

23 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

looks like it finished the shape with the pen - what I see is hooks where the offset with a pen would be 0 and it is probably still set for the blade which has the tip of the blade trailing the actual center of the blade holder which is why we have offset.  if too much blade is exposed the tip will trail further than the cutter thinks it is causing improper corners and incomplete cuts.

I am still curious of what support said at the end of your conversation with them - did they indicate they thought it was operating properly?  did it operate properly during their testing?  I have not heard of them just dropping a support call with gee we don't know and you are on your own.  if so I am sure there is someone at usc that would like to hear that and who you talked to

??????

23 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Notice the dot on the left vertical leg of the triangle? That's the start/stop point. They can't explain that.  As far as support, they opened up a ticket online. We talked back & forth with different trials. 

I've still yet to try SCALP from my surface pro. VM from it cut pretty good. I'm wondering if maybe the laptop is the problem or not updating SCALP.  It's odd that this just suddenly started. 

the reason I am particularly critical of scalp is we have seen so many times problems occur that disappear with different software - it was originally designed as a hack software for the cricut hobby cutter and after they lawsuit ended that adventure they had to find a way to market it - it was really not designed as signmaking software so we see a lot of bugs - it may go away with an update and it may not.  Mz. skeeter used to suggest to people to get flexi starter and cut from that  - designing can be done in many softwares like corel draw and exported for more robust design software.   there are many people on here that started with scalp that like it - not so many that started with other sign software and converted to it.    just a little insight into my thinking and where it comes from.

PS I do not work for and am not paid by USCutter and just volunteer as a mod - so they are the real go to people for expert help.  phone support with them accessing your computer and cutter usually works best from what I have read.