Sign in to follow this  
Quincy

MH871-MK2 Messing up cuts after almost 2 years

Had my cutter for a couple of years and has been great..  I have not changed computer, location of cutter, software or anything else.  Tonight while cutting a 20" x 36" decal it started going past the origin spot with a straight line cut.  Then went over the left side all the way to end and was trying to go farther, then stopped and came back.  Double checked all my connections, my settings, and the decal setup on SCAL Pro and everything was good.  Cut the decal again and did fine.  Put in a simple name that was 10" x 36" and it cut fine.  The next decal was another simple one about a foot by foot and did the same crap of cutting straight lines all the way across the machine.  Next cut fine, next two cuts screwed up.. 

Scanned the forums and doesn't seem like a common problem because I'm not seeing anybody else with it..  Help please..

Thanks, Quincy Smith

Seems like a huge hassle to put signblazer on, patches, virus, drivers..  Going to try VinylMaster Cut, there is a free trial that I can get directly from their website so I will try your suggestion, thank you!

Did a couple demo cuts and nothing went wrong..  The only problem is the MH can go a few times before screwing up, it's random..  So I hooked up my Laser Point 2 to the same computer and used the same program..  I'm on cut number 4 and it's not doing the same thing..  Guessing it's the MH cutter, so what are the things I should be checking/replacing???

are you well grounded?? 

i ALWAYS used to see posts here about cutter not working and everyone saying it needed to be grounded, and i ran mine for years without a ground wire and no problems. 

then, about a year ago (i do use my cutter very infrequently) i had erratic cutting issues. couldnt figure it out. i think i may have even asked here. kept having the probem until i blew out my chip and the cutter would not even raise any more. i changed that out (heres a hint, its a common $0.20 op-amp, no need to pay $5+ for one) and figured out that it was static generated by the roll of vinyl as it unrolled. i put a copper wire to the frame on each side and ran it to rest on the vinyl coming off of the roll. in addition for really long cuts i pre-unroll the vinyl and wipe it down with a damp cloth to dissipate static. i havent had the problem since. i see uscutter now also sells a special grounding kit too.