Rip_frannie

For a lost friend

After my friend passed away last year his mom got me his finger print sent to me and I started work on it. This process was done in Corel , using the bspline tool. It took me about 6 hours or so with all the detail , and I wanted it to be perfect. After I was done I simply deleted the original image , grouped everything , and made it as small as possible. Then in the top I exported it as a jpg. After exporting I uploaded it in sure cuts a lot , stretched it to a reasonable size and ungrouped it , deleted all the layers that were not needed and saved it. Since I've added it to a beer mug etched , wall decal , and have the design ready for my screen printing.  If you guys have any questions let me know 

image.jpg

• Like 1

That's cool. Why export as a jpg if you don't mind me asking? Seems like you are going through extra steps. I'm not a corel user but you should be able to export as a vector and be done with it. 

2 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

That's cool. Why export as a jpg if you don't mind me asking? Seems like you are going through extra steps. I'm not a corel user but you should be able to export as a vector and be done with it. 

WG is right.  Save yourself some time & effort!

After you trace or hand draw you can SAVE AS or  EXPORT as a Corel file, JPG, AI, SVG, EPS, TIF, etc.........

You you will have a choice of many file types in the drop down box below the File Name Box.

Sue2

It wouldn't of had the detail. Tries other processes. The original image was low quality. I'd rather take time and have the detail I wanted then try to quick work. 

Thanks for sharing your work and how you did it.  I've been using corel for years and have never looked into what the b-spline tool does.  I can't tell you how many times this tool would have been useful to me, and the amount of time it would have saved.

Mind = Blown!

No problem. I discovered it a few years ago just messing around. You will find it a lot easier when your zoomed in to make sharper points , double tapping The mouse to get sharp angles and other things as you go. But let me know how it works out for you. 

From what you have described you hand traced the original in order to give it the detail you wanted (Same way I do practically everything for same reason) then you exported it back into a raster image (this is the step I am scratching my head over) and then opened and I assume used auto trace in the SCALP program to vector it again before finally cutting the thing?  I'm lost as to why. not knocking the results and everyone does things their own way but you should't have to do a whole second trace job if you transfer the file correctly. You will have lost some of the detail you just went to all that work to put in it too.  Corel is vector based so you should be good to go if done correctly within Corel.