Dustyy

MH721 Power Socket Replacement

I'm going to have to replace the socket in my MH721 plotter, someone bumped into the plug and cracked the plastic part, I ordered a replacement which will be here saturday, How do I go about replacing this? It seems like the screws holding it in right now are stripped, do I need to remove the casing on that side to reach the wires?

Is it possible to hard wire it? Would rather not have this issue happen again, I'm a bit behind on my orders now. To remove the side I just take off the 4 screws?

It would be possible I guess if you are comfortable with splicing wires but I wouldn't recommend it. If someone were to trip over the cord and it was hardwired who knows what kind of damage you could do vs it simply coming unplugged.

I'm not near the machine right now, but I believe so. I remember when I did it, it was pretty simple and obvious.

I know this is an old thread but I too just had the same issue.  I've hardwired mind but now cannot get anything to power up.  Fuse is good.  Am I missing something simple?

A mis wire would be my first thought. Might also check all connections to the motherboard and make sure something hasn't gotten knocked loose.

If you're sure that's all good, and if you have a DMM, trace the wires to the DC transformer and make sure you're getting power all the way to the transformer. If so, check the transformer out put and see if it is still working. If that's all good then next would be the motherboard. Check that the power is getting to the motherboard. If it is, then I'd suspect the motherboard has gone bad.