jskwarek

Have I met the limits of my LPII

10 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

was hoping Primal would respond, I knew he uses the titan 2 with good success . He is also the 1 that recommended putting a drop of light oil on the end of the blade that goes in the holder which solved a small issue I was having with my 54" sc cutter. The size of my business sign is why I went with a 54" cutter to be able to cut 48" material in the beginning. Being a newbie at all this I figured would be easier for me to do it it 1 piece versus trying to learn how to get 2 pieces to line up perfect being so green at this. I was leaning towards a LP2 until I called the guys at us cutter. they were the ones that talked me into a less expensive cutter to start with, then upgrade after I decided it was something I wanted to stick with. I still have a lot to learn, but I am looking at upgraded 24" cutters now. Thinking serious about the Titan 2 unless I decided I want to upgrade to something that will a print. I plan on letting the upgrade do most of the work for the shop and put the sc up until need for things bigger than 24"

You won't use your SC after having a servo cutter. Even the Titan 2 which is still Chinese made will smoke an SC or LP2. The ugly truth is the budget cutters are woefully inadequate to maintain accuracy on a 48" piece of vinyl not to mention taping it off and installing something that large can be tougher than tiling it in two pieces.

def the installation of 3'x12' decal for a beginner was a task to say the least. I think the sc did a decent job cutting our sign, but it was just txt. I'm sure a higher brand would've done a better job. only complaint I have so far with the sc cutter is noise. because of that I don't use it in the room that I was planning on doing all my vinyl work in

• Like 1

From what I have watched online and seen in person the Titan 2 or 3 may actually hold the title to the quietest machine. There was a guy that posted a vid on here a while back and I was shocked at how quiet it was. Summa's aren't noisy compared to stepper motors but they don't go to extra lengths to hide noise. Mostly the hold down fan is what you hear. Not sure the Titans have that feature.

I believe the titan 3 has the fan. I was on the phone with primal and he was saying you could hear the vinyl feed thru his titan 2 . I ran some material thru the sc and he couldn't believe how loud it was, He made a cut with his and I could brely hear anything thru the phone. so I would def believe the titan being the quietest

1 hour ago, cardudenc said:

was hoping Primal would respond, I knew he uses the titan 2 with good success . He is also the 1 that recommended putting a drop of light oil on the end of the blade that goes in the holder which solved a similarl issue I was having with my 54" sc cutter. The size of my business sign is why I went with a 54" cutter to be able to cut 48" material in the beginning. Being a newbie at all this I figured would be easier for me to do it it 1 piece versus trying to learn how to get 2 pieces to line up perfect being so green at this. I was leaning towards a LP2 until I called the guys at us cutter. they were the ones that talked me into a less expensive cutter to start with, then upgrade after I decided it was something I wanted to stick with. I still have a lot to learn, but I am looking at upgraded 24" cutters now. Thinking serious about the Titan 2 unless I decided I want to upgrade to something that will  print. I plan on the upgrade doing most of the work for the shop and put the sc up until need for things bigger than 24"

the servos are so much quieter and more accurate - read the comments from people that have upgraded - it is part of the heaven they refer to when they go servo

lol. I'm sure. when I started shopping for a cutter I wanted to keep my budget for a cutter and supplies to do my sign as the amount I was quoted to have it done.  or I would've bought a titan. I found this site after I bought my cutter. I wished I had found it 1st.

11 hours ago, cardudenc said:

lol. I'm sure. when I started shopping for a cutter I wanted to keep my budget for a cutter and supplies to do my sign as the amount I was quoted to have it done.  or I would've bought a titan. I found this site after I bought my cutter. I wished I had found it 1st.

I always save a little back from each job to pay for updates and upgrades, took quite a get years to get to the servos but couldn't go back.  If you move up every couple of years it isn't as painful to get where you are going.  

• Like 2

that's what I'm hoping to do. after talking with primal looks like a comp. upgrade is needed also. so 2 goals for the up coming mnths. I'm going to look at a used mimaki cutter today.

I hate we have side tracked this post. wasn't my intentions. was mainly letting the OP know its a common thing to start with a stepper and move  up to the next level of servo cutters. after talking with primal I do believe the titan 2 is a good next step. not saying it is as good as a Graphtec or roland, just good servo cutter without the cost of 1 of those

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cardudenc said:

that's what I'm hoping to do. after talking with primal looks like a comp. upgrade is needed also. so 2 goals for the up coming mnths. I'm going to look at a used mimaki cutter today.

Used name brand cutters are a smart option. Most are built to last and as long as they are still in good shape will perform for years and years.

i met this guy at a biz assoc. meeting the other night.  they bought a retail store similar to ours about a yr ago. I asked who did his vinyl, he said he would sell his cutter and supplies. from his old biz. so I didn't get to meet up with him today. hopefully tom. I can get with him and find out the info ,age and cond of everything.