iwbc

VinylMaster Cut "Nothing to Cut" error

Whenever I Send to Cutter, an error pops up saying "Nothing to cut" even though I Vectorize the imported images first.  All support solutions I've found online say to vectorize the raster image first but, I am doing that first.
 I contacted US Cutter support and the representative took over control of my computer by remote access and she was unable to get it to work either.  She said VinylMaster wasn't actually vectorizing the images. She was able to install and make Cuts A Lot 3 Pro demo software vectorize and cut.  Ican't use the demo to cut my vinyl because it adds extra cut lines.
I tried it with various raster file formats; .BMP, .JPG, .PNG & .TIF.  Attached are all the files I tried.
I have submitted a support ticket directly to http://www.future.support/index.php but they never responded.
Any help from someone who has resolved this problem would be greatly appreciated as I have to have this and some much more complicated images cut and installed before this coming Sunday.
Cutter: US Cutter MH 871-MK2
Image Software: Photoshop Elements 12

CtrStripe.png

CtrStripeLong.png

CtrStripeShort.bmp

CtrStripeShort.jpg

CtrStripeShort.png

CtrStripeShort.tif

Of course it was a raster image because that was the problem.  It wouldn't Vectorize them so, there was no way to create a vectorized image that I could upload.  HOWEVER, I SOLVED THE PROBLEM.  This is an instance where the solution is simple but finding the solution is a P.I.T.A.

For some reason, VinylMaster always gets it wrong when automatically detecting the field vs background.  For instance, my original image had a black image on a transparent background, imported as a .PNG.  When I opened the Vectorizer window, it always selected the transparent background (shown as white) as the field and the black field color had a red X through it to turn it off and not be traced.  This was true even if I uploaded a two color image without any transparent areas or even placed a border around the entire image.

The solution for me was merely to right-click the white color below in the color boxes which placed a red X over it and, right-click the black color box to remove the red X from it.  That way black was set as the correct area to be traced.  Once I did that, it was able to Vectorize the imported raster image and I cut my sample vinyl test piece.

Hopefully Future will catch wind of this problem and fix it in their next software update.

Now the real fun begins, cutting the actual chrome vinyl and installing without any mistakes on a black Maserati!  The stripes probably won't be too difficult but the rear window graphics have a lot of fine details in them.

missed that part - as I scanned the message - my bad.  glad you got it worked out - that is a ambitious project to start out with.  chrome is very hard on blades and touchy on a properly set blade depth

• Like 1

We see you have found that by switching on or off what is traced in the color bar deals with alpha channel bitmaps. Since this technique/process can be unclear to new users we will modify the Vectorizer to better handle images with transparencies.

Thank you for you input. 

• Like 3

I don't know if it's related to transparencies because I also imported a two color image without any transparency and still had the same issue.  May it's because no colors were completely inside the edges?  Each of color used one or more edges of the image as its border.

Guest Kinard

That didn't do the trick for me. I'm still battling the "Nothing to cut!" gremlin. 

Guest Same issue!

Hi, I am having the same issue...

I have tried EPS, PDF, SVG, etc.. none of them will work, it just says "nothing to cut".

I can open one of my previous documents and cut it fine.. it was an imported PDF that was saved in Illustrator.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Select the artwork in the software and look along the bottom edge where it describes what is selected and see whether it is simply an image which cannot be cut out as it is made of pixels and must first be vectorized. 

Please see:
Nothing to Cut

• Like 1

Guest frontporchanarchast

iwbc - thank you.  I was having the same problem.  Looked everywhere.  Left clicked on the colors to no avail.  Didn't think to try right clicking.  It solved my problem.

Yeah, keep in mind, just because a file has a vector file extension, does not mean the image in the files is actually a vector.

• Like 2

Guest Jaa

I have the same appeared but it did cut once then this message appered

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.