wickedstangs

Looking a Starting Sublimation Printing

get the right paper - for that one I like the texprint-r made for the ricohs as the gel ink and speed of the printer can smear multiple prints if regular paper is used - I think it is easy - just watch the particular time and temp for the item you are printing at the time.  I do hundreds of mugs a year and the other stuff in bits - I persaonally like the cactus wraps as they heat the handle and bottom so you don't get a light fade in that area Like I had with at least 6 different mug presses.  other people swear by the mug press - I have even had 3 knights and wouldn't use one again.  its personal preference 

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in the same position -- I want to print some mugs and am trying to do this without getting in too deep,

dollar-wise.

I'm glad that you are using the Cactus wraps, as I saw that as one way to get started without mug press. 

Can a kitchen counter top oven be used with success?  

they can if the heat is even - I use my wifes oven in the kitchen - we just fight over it on certain days

1 hour ago, Richard334 said:

$550 now, unless I missed something. 

I think he calculated the "You Save" figure and subtracted it from the $550  (which is itself the savings of $149/150 from the $699. Normal Price)

Normal Price: $699.00
Price: $550.00
You Save: $149.00
  • Like 1

I checked around, and $550 seems to be the going price.  The Ricoh is $170, but a set of sublimation ink cartridges puts the total price at about $500. I think the SG400 package includes some paper, software, etc., so it's probably a better deal to get the package.