Aniket

Bought ORACAL 631 and i guess its duplicate..Please Help Verify

Hello

I bought an oracal 631 sheet.when i saw the backside..it only has the letters " ORACAL 631 EXHIBITION"(also in a different layout) ..whereas the earlier sheet(the current ones available in market) have "ORACAL 31 EXHIBITION CAL" . Is my material duplicate or an earlier version(stock) of the same series?

Google doesn't show any info about earlier edition

Any info will will be highly appreciated.

Thank You !

On 9/3/2016 at 9:25 AM, Wildgoose said:

Post a pic but I wouldn't worry about it. 

On 9/3/2016 at 10:55 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

In India I would be concerned if it said 31 instead of 631 being counterfeit 

Attached the pic

.A new problem seem to have crop up..

Last year had bought few 631 sheets for trial and cut small designs (3mm x 3mm)on it and didn't weed it.Last month I sent it out as it is to someone in USA and they have said that the glue has decreased.Whereas Last year there was no issue about the glue(on the same vinyl) but got few complaints last month. Same vinyl used over a period of a year is giving complaints. 

What can be the issue? Old Vinyl? Not properly maintained ? Climate change ?

Someone guide me in this please

Thank You

WP_20160913_16_58_34_Pro[1].jpg

the way the vinyl is stored as in temp and humidity can have  big effect on its life span - do you have a pic of the "31" that you referred to?

• Like 1

I believe it may have something to do with what paint is used on the walls also. Certain paints have like marker free or similar that will effect the vinyl from holding properly..  Does that sound right Wildgoose?

7 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the way the vinyl is stored as in temp and humidity can have  big effect on its life span - do you have a pic of the "31" that you referred to?

The attached pic is the one i was talking that i think is duplicate.the current 631 series has a different alignment on the back.

what can be like the best place to keep the vinyls..out in the open..away from direct sunlight? Someone did tell me that in summer the adhesiveness increases whereas in winter it decreases. How much of this is true ?

1 hour ago, Primal Decals said:

I believe it may have something to do with what paint is used on the walls also. Certain paints have like marker free or similar that will effect the vinyl from holding properly..  Does that sound right Wildgoose?

Actually..aint using the vinyls for wall purposes but as a tattoo.the same vinyl sheet,last year ..with same designs didn't cause any problem but last month their adhesive became less.

Please note that the last month samples were fine from our end ,not sure where the client kept the samples.

5 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

631 being water soluble adhesive is also more touchy with humidity. 

What can be the best way to keep vinyls? not enclosed,out in open ..away from direct sunlight ?

The store from where i purchase keeps the stock out in all seasons..and we have lot of humidity in India.Nothing happens whereas the same vinyl sheet,last year ..with same designs didn't cause any problem but last month their adhesive became less.

the last month samples were fine from our end ,not sure where the client kept the samples.

Actually..aint using the vinyls for wall purposes but as a tattoo

How much do ORACAL vinyls last before giving away ?

Thanks