Amazing support. I hope these will be available covering everything the software has where the original video series left off.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 8:49 PM, VinylMaster said:

For newbies and anyone who wishes to learn more about how to use VinylMaster please visit this webpage:

VinylMaster Training

July 12, 2016 Webinar

Thank you,

. I hate to bother you but I have a Graphtec CE5000-120 and was using cutting master from graphtec to work with illustrator. I updated to Illustrator CC2015 and cutting master stopped working. I have a  large job I need to get out asap and now I have no way to use my plotter. I downloaded the vinyl master cut 4 but cannot figure out how to get files from illustrator to vinyl master. I have always used Illustrator (15 years) so  I don't use the vinyl master for any drawing or making files, just for getting my job to the plotter. Is there a tutorial for just that?. The only videos or instructions I can find are for building files. I am about to pull my hair out with stress trying to figure this out before I have to start giving a lot of money back to customers because  I can't get their jobs done.

Any help is appreciated

dgfgraphics

Are there any plans to do more tutorials/webinars? I know there are things that would make my life easier that I don't currently know exists. 

Guest Sharon

Will any webinars be added soon? Last webinar I see was 2016. I am new to this and am having a difficult time just learning the ABC’s and 123’s. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Guest Sharon said:

Will any webinars be added soon? Last webinar I see was 2016. I am new to this and am having a difficult time just learning the ABC’s and 123’s. Thank you. 

Have you tried going to HELP at the top of the layout screen, ?  Look thru the tutorials.  Go to youtube and look at the videos that people have posted. There is plenty of info out there..   There is plenty of info also here on the forum,  You have to take some time and search. 

Just start clicking on icons and open the menus. That's the best way to learn software. You can't BREAK it.

Here FWIW, are my ABC's and 123's

A]  Artwork & Graphics ---  No raster art  for cutting, it has to be vectorized first (VinylMaster has a good conversion engine, see tutorial in the Training link provided)

Also, VM contains some built-in cuttable clipart in the CUT basic version, and more items in the upgraded LTR and PRO. Just click on the teddy bear.

B]  Begin Cutting ---   check the Separate By Color box, enabling you to send multi-color designs to the cutter one element at a time.

Remember, since YOU control what color vinyl is loaded into the machine, it doesn't really matter what color you place on your workspace screen. In other words, you can use Purple and Yellow when designing, but Blue and Gold vinyl when cutting!

C]  Circles & Squares ---  One trick to making a more interesting sign is the use of Reverse. Put white text inside a black square or circle or oval, and after it's cut (select both colors), weed OUT the lettering.

71.jpg

1] Learn your Fonts. Spend some time just scrolling through them and just keep a mental picture.

Serif and Sans-Serif are the two main classifications.  Times Roman is serif; Helvetica is sans-serif.

2]  Node Editing.  Daunting at first, but essential when working with vector graphics.

3]  Kerning and Leading.  (adjustment of spacing between Letters, and changing the distance between Lines of text)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.