Sign in to follow this  
Jburns

Summa Cutter Help Request

Ok So I now have my first Summa.

Let me say the quality is terrific. This is an oldie- a Summacut D620.  Doing basic shapes everything is really nice.

BUT!  its not completing the cuts.  I think its a COM issue or Cable issue.  I have Cutter control open- playing with parameters. Software Flexi- but will try signblazer...

The Pictures show the following:

1. Circle not complete- the blade intentionally skips the rest of circle.

2. word TEST- The first T is not complete- it has done this five times in a row.

If Anyone has seen this before- let me know how you fixed it.  Many Thanks in Advance!

post-4012-0-65569900-1466787686_thumb.jp

post-4012-0-53863800-1466787692_thumb.jp

called Summa- I think I need a Summa cable.  Ordered one and will post results.

That was going to be suggestion. Summa offers lifetime free live tech support regardless of who originally bought the machine. Is it a serial cable? Mine just uses a usb. Glad to have you in the "Family" they're awesome cutters. 

Thanks Goose- boy you aren't kidding- it really is in a class by itself- even my basic older version. And i have owned Graphtecs, Rolands, etc.

I bought a Gerber Edge Printer, HS15 plotter, Omega software and this cutter came with it- for a very low price two weeks ago. I look at it as I got the cutter for free. :)!!

Tech support said there are wires that are re-configured in the cable.

• Like 1

After hours of messing with com settings, oiling the solenoid shafts, checking blades- all the stuff.  I googled " Summa Blade Incomplete cut"

I came up in the archives of S101.com- 2007: http://www.signs101.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-6483.html

Turns out a TINY little foam pad bump stop wears out, forms a donut hole, then the screw catches it, and it keeps the blade fro dropping on the first CUT!!!!

Here are some pics, along with my fix- I used a soft side of a velcro set- its quiet, and cuts perfect.   unbelievable.

post-4012-0-41594700-1467353334_thumb.jp

post-4012-0-57291700-1467353354_thumb.jp

post-4012-0-28931200-1467353364_thumb.jp

post-4012-0-08568500-1467353374_thumb.jp

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 11:04 PM, Jburns said:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

I FIXED IT.

Yay!