Sign in to follow this  
jdmarti1

My newest used toy

00I0I_h0ka7rEgiMI_600x450.jpg

Picked it up used today - I love my Stahls auto open clam, but I want the flexibility of the fusion.

• Like 3

Why can't I find those deals?:huh:??:huh:??:huh:?

Sue2

love it - I keep watching for one to come up around here for the right price - when some gung ho person buys one with their tax refund and then finds out it is work :)  

This was a sign shop, that bought it 2 years ago.  Just didn't get into the thing they were doing, and needed space.  I paid 1350 with a 6x8 secondary platen.  Cool thing is that will fit my STX 20 too.  LOL.  He said if it had pressed 200 shirts he would be surprised.  Looking at it I believe him.  Really happy with my find.  I scour CL every day for things to take a look at.  

• Like 1

Great buy. Love mine. They are true beasts to move. 

I swear I got a hernia from mine. However this coming week I will be buying a utility cart to move it around.

• Like 1

00I0I_h0ka7rEgiMI_600x450.jpg

Picked it up used today - I love my Stahls auto open clam, but I want the flexibility of the fusion.

Lucky getting that extra platen.

I honestly thought the STX20 was heavier, and the 14x16 DKnight was definitely heaver.

I have heard the knights are heavier. I almost bought the 16x20 knight swinger. After having the fusion with the totally threadable platen I wouldn't want anything else. 

• Like 1

when you can get the hotronix they are great - nothing wrong with a knight either but probably the best deals for used presses that are rock solid are the old mighty and hix for the newbies.   
Kinda like I told stacey the last 15 years that the old disco iroc z-28 would be collectible soon - I see they are taking off now.  I'm a mustang guy but should have bought a couple when they was giving them away 5 years ago.  There are bargains to be found in any market

I have heard the knights are heavier. I almost bought the 16x20 knight swinger. After having the fusion with the totally threadable platen I wouldn't want anything else. 

The 16x20 air operated GeoKnight is threadable. I'm not sure about the manual 16x20.

The 16x20 air operated GeoKnight is threadable. I'm not sure about the manual 16x20.

They are but still have a sizable center support so I was comparing the almost complete open space under the Fusion. Makes a difference when squeezing a small shirt on without having to drop the other platen. 

• Like 1