I recorded a large order and made a single test cut of a decal that turned out perfect. All the pieces lifted off at once. So problems. I accepted the order, received payment and have hit a huge wall.

The sample cut with the exact settings and nothing changed now produces cuts that will not lift as one and keep pulling up different parts of the vinyl. I thought this was going to be an easy job.

I've wasted about 8ft of material as single samples yield good results, I run it and the same issues happen. I have tried it on multiple speed settings from 60-108 and force settings from 51-148 on oracal 651. I changed the blade. I even moved the blade out just a tiny bit more as well.i removed some weeding lines that had outlined the lettering since that was the original problem. Should I add more weeding lines? I'm at the point where I'm just going to refund the order because nothing I do is yielding consistent cuts. And I'm getting too frustrated with it.

I'm just going to go to bed and attack it tomorrow. Probably my best option. I have 2 days left with the order. I'm going 84 of he St Michael and 84 of the other one. In 4 different colors.

post-98081-0-58589800-1463557404_thumb.j

post-98081-0-27397000-1463557416_thumb.j

post-98081-0-62919200-1463557427_thumb.j

post-98081-0-30445400-1463557645_thumb.j

You posted in the Titan area so I will assume that's what you have - New Titan  blade holders have a tendency to loosen make sure the knurled brass color knob is tight. It's bitten me on both of mine the first few weeks.

I think that is a pretty good guess by busterbay. Look how sloppy it is around the t's in Protect. So it's either loose or your blade offset got bumped somehow. 

You posted in the Titan area so I will assume that's what you have - New Titan  blade holders have a tendency to loosen make sure the knurled brass color knob is tight. It's bitten me on both of mine the first few weeks.

Yes I have the Titan 2. I've cranked down the blade and the holder. Am I just giving the machine too much credit? Is it normal for a cut like this to lift the smaller pieces up as I pull the larger away? The file is a trace of an image so the letters aren't perfect to begin with but they look good enough when cut that it's fine.

So your problem is that you can't just lift all the weeding at 1 time?  As 1 piece?  Well don't be expecting to do that.  Weeding takes time and patience, Also are you weeding right after you cut?  As vinyl will self heal it's self and grow back together if you wait awhile. .   Or am I reading this wrong?   Because that is how I am reading it. after your last post. Are the centers of the P O R  cut or not? 

I use the eraser end of a pencil to hold down smaller pieces while I am weeding.  And you do not state the size of the decal. That is a  detailed design. 

• Like 1

this was a test I did when I first unpackaged by titan2 (like within 10 minutes of putting it on the stand  - on oracal 651 so the cutter is capable with a good set up and file.

first question on the text - whey didn't you find the right font and create clean text instead of tracing and having less than perfect letters for your project?

post-2742-0-62810300-1463590050_thumb.jp

So your problem is that you can't just lift all the weeding at 1 time?  As 1 piece?  Well don't be expecting to do that.  Weeding takes time and patience, Also are you weeding right after you cut?  As vinyl will self heal it's self and grow back together if you wait a while. .   Or am I reading this wrong?   Because that is how I am reading it. after your last post. 

I use the eraser end of a pencil to hold down smaller pieces while I am weeding.  And you do not state the size of the decal. That is a pretty detailed design. 

I'm still really new to this so I do apologize. That's kinda what I was thinking. I have been able to pull it off as one before so that's probably why I assumed it could be done for all of them. I do weed it after its cut as soon as I can. I was attempting to cut 24 at a time. The decal fits tfhe inside a 4"x4" box. So it's roughly 3.5"x4" and somewhat small for sure.

I'm thinking of adding a grid pattern of wedding lines to break it up to smaller more manageable areas. I'm hoping that might help.

this was a test I did when I first unpackaged by titan2 (like within 10 minutes of putting it on the stand  - on oracal 651 so the cutter is capable with a good set up and file.

first question on the text - whey didn't you find the right font and create clean text instead of tracing and having less than perfect letters for your project?

Since I'm back at square one, I might as well, I seem to have trouble eying things and finding the closest fonts. Now that I'm rested I'm going to go back to with a fresh outlook.

• Like 1

I found that laying the clear transfer vinyl over the decal and then weeding from the back is yielding the results I need.  It's  definitely more time consuming and not ideal, but for this order, it will work, I will just not take any future orders for this design at this size.

Hm. Not owning a Titan I don't know what good settings are. The 0.30mm is probably close for offset. You can make a small square and cut it and play with the offset settings a little at a time and you should see the corners round or end up with tails depending on whether you are under or over the optimum. Usually once set that doesn't change a whole lot. If you are doing teeny tiny stuff you have to dial in exactly to get it to look good and they say you should adjust it slightly as your blade wears, most people don't. The offset is to compensate for the distance between the center of the blade and the actual tip. It works just like the castor wheel on a shopping cart and to get the point to cut the corner as you drag it around you have to cut past the corner slightly and then turn once the tip gets there. We are talking very small amounts obviously but it makes the difference in a clean corner. 

On the overcut I was always told that it should be very similar to the offset number. It is also similar in that it should compensate for the same distance from center to blade tip where the beginning and end of a given line meet back up. Too much won't necessarily hurt and may help insure that the cut completes all the way. There is always the likelihood that the blade was actually swiveled in some other direction when it dropped and had to turn to follow the line. These little spots can cause lifting. 

• Like 1

So after taking a break to clear my head and vet my frustration, I came back to it with a clear mind.  I decided to push the blade out just slightly to where there is obvious scoring but no impression on the reverse of the backing.  Let me tell you, that worked like a charm.  There are still times when for whatever reason on one cut I can pull out all the excess no problem, and other times where a letter lifts, but usually only one and takes minimal time compared to EVERY single letter lifting.  Still somewhat frustrating, but no where near what it was.

I have actually now had great success in being able to pull out all the vinyl without any portions lifting at all.  Though that's maybe 10% of the time, other times there are a few pieces, but its not hard for me to set those to the side and manually place them back them in. 

One more question, I find that there are times where on some of the cuts, or when I set it to cut more than one decal at time, the blade drags on one portion consistently creating a jagged cut that I can usually clean up with an exacto knife.  Any idea what could be causing this since it only occurs some of the times and not all of the times?

I also think I'm going to invest in some Clean Cut blades, as I have heard nothing but good things and they seem to be relatively inexpensive for the gained precision.

I've never messed with this not really know how to. Any resources to a guide to how and when to touch this? Thank you!

Those are the same settings i have as well.

So after taking a break to clear my head and vet my frustration, I came back to it with a clear mind.  I decided to push the blade out just slightly to where there is obvious scoring but no impression on the reverse of the backing.  Let me tell you, that worked like a charm.  There are still times when for whatever reason on one cut I can pull out all the excess no problem, and other times where a letter lifts, but usually only one and takes minimal time compared to EVERY single letter lifting.  Still somewhat frustrating, but no where near what it was.

I have actually now had great success in being able to pull out all the vinyl without any portions lifting at all.  Though that's maybe 10% of the time, other times there are a few pieces, but its not hard for me to set those to the side and manually place them back them in. 

One more question, I find that there are times where on some of the cuts, or when I set it to cut more than one decal at time, the blade drags on one portion consistently creating a jagged cut that I can usually clean up with an exacto knife.  Any idea what could be causing this since it only occurs some of the times and not all of the times?

I also think I'm going to invest in some Clean Cut blades, as I have heard nothing but good things and they seem to be relatively inexpensive for the gained precision.

I did the same as well with making my blade just a slightly deeper to where it just barely scores the backing paper and that allowed me to make adjustments on pressure also a little different, but now is dialed in. But still don't try to lift everything out as one,it might take a little more time but i prefer to add weeding lines and pull out smaller sections but that is usually only on super smaller cuts, but on larger designs i will attempt problem..And i'm still using the same blade that i started with since Jan 2015 and its the basic blade that came with my cutter.I did hear about clean cut blades also but not sure if i need to get them or not since mine is working good now..

what scalps version are you using and is it updated as well? Biggest thing i forget to check is that everything is welded or union'd  etc as needed otherwise 1 small or lots of  items might get overlooked and your screwed lol. I noticed when i first started out in scalps the adding weeding lines section helps to show what is or isnt joined etc .

I'm using SCALP 3 now, but will be paying the upgrade fee soon.

Contact craftedge and tell them you want 4 . may get a killer deal on it..i did.

Still wondering what it is that is causing this to happen. The first image is a perfect cut. I'll cut 4 at a time and still have what happens in the next pictures on random ones. Sometimes 3/4 and other times none.

post-98081-0-81815400-1464216924_thumb.j

post-98081-0-82183900-1464216940_thumb.j

post-98081-0-29337200-1464216955_thumb.j

OK that's looking like some sort of cutter issue. Is your blade getting stuck and not turning? 

Add a very very light light hint of oil to the blade and spin it. ive heard a sticky blade can do that like Wildgoose mentioned.

Ok so i now have a CleanCut Blade in and cuts are better. But this is still happening to my cuts. I have a new Motherboard I haven't installed yet. But I think it time to replace it. I don't know what's wrong with my machine that it would do this.(Left side of the T) There's no stray modes. I have already checked. It's just not starting and stopping in the same area for whatever reason. I'm gonna call and have them walk me through it. Hope it helps.

post-98081-0-32464700-1466806796_thumb.j